The Sparrows Group have long established a renowned reputation as the leading global provider of oilfield engineering services; specialising in offshore lifting, crane engineering and services, mechanical handling, pipe and cable lay-systems, fluid power engineering, equipment rentals and competence training.
Since forming in 1973, Sparrows have offered clients a crane and lifting management service which provides a performance-driven structure, aligning with client expectations in terms of safety, reliability and up-time.
Organized into six businesses, our comprehensive package of lifting, handling, inspection services and fluid power engineering services delivers premier solutions to fulfil the demands of the oil and gas industry.
Req Code 1982
The Main Purpose of this role is The Business Development Manager, will be required tfollow the 7-step Sparrows Business Acquisition Process and which involves:
Identify Opportunities – Position Sparrows ttake advantage of new geographies and new product lines. Search all markets and identify all opportunities.
Select Target – Create the optimum project portfolifor Sparrows assets
Prepare tWin – Focus our attention on selected opportunities
Develop the Solution – Develop a slam dunk project execution plan
Execute the Proposal – Capitalize on the preparatory work
Clarify the Offer – Close the deal
Engage with the Customer Post-award – Celebrate and start over.
About this role
Specifically, the scope includes:
- This role is focused on developing business opportunities in Africa Region.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Relationships with our Customer Base.
- Includes our existing customer base and an obligation texpand with new customers.
- Ensure Market Data is Maintained ta High Degree of Accuracy.
- This includes monitoring of new opportunities as well as reporting our as-bid data for Market Analysis and tracking the award of projects either tSparrows or our competitors and reporting accordingly
- Capturing opportunities in the companies CRM system
- Recommending projects for targeting that give the best financial returns while maximizing utilization of assets and minimizing risk
- Working with BD teams in other business units tprioritise asset allocation ttargeted projects always determining net return tSparrows as a first principle
- Focus on back-up projects that provide good returns in event that targeted projects are lost
- Ensure that a capture strategy is developed for all new prospective work.
- Encourage technical and commercial innovation.
- Thelp win additional work for Sparrows at agreed margins of profit, with all risks identified and quantified in accordance with Sparrows procedures
Tassist in the preparation and submittal of proposals without errors, on schedule, in accordance with the Capture Plan and tdevelop the Basis of Bid
Support nominated Project/Business Manager, regional Business Development Director and Negotiator team leader with detailed back-up and analysis as well as relevant correspondence, clarifications and Proposal Documents.
Develop New Markets for our Product Lines
Tidentify new market areas where Sparrows can establish a leading edge in competitiveness
Suggest New Product Lines for our Existing Assets
Tseek out opportunities in non-traditional business where our assets can effectively and profitably be utilised
Support the Organization:
- The Business Development Manager will support the Sparrows organization by:
- Help tdevelop strategic planning initiatives
- Identifying new opportunities
- Developing bid /nbid recommendations
- Adhering treporting requirements, being able verify / give opinion on targeted prospects
- Provide guidance in the pre-qualification process.
- Participating in the development of capture strategies for targeted projects
- Working collaboratively with the Proposals Manager tdevelop successful bidding strategies
- Ensuring Capture Strategy is implemented during the bidding phase
- Actively participating in bid reviews
- Supporting post bid negotiations
- Effectively representing the company regardless of task.
Support tother Departments:
- The Business Development Manager will interface with other departments by:
- Supporting Project Champions through the bid process
- Contributing tthe project risk / opportunity management process
- Interaction with functional heads tdetermine capability & competitiveness.
Leading the Organisation:
- The Business Development Manager will:
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behaviour
- Act in a fair and conscientious manor
- Uphold the Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Goals of the Company Charter.
- It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with, and follows the Company's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management System and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the Management Systems.
- The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems according tthe Management System processes/procedures.
- The incumbent alshas legal responsibilities under country-specific health, safety and/or environmental legislation tfollow these.
Qualifications & Experience
- Reasonable knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Strong relationship skills – managing relationships with our agent and client
- Demonstrable experience in building and growing a business
- Driving sales opportunities through tcompletion with our agent
- Technical knowledge of the offshore industry
- Experience of operating in the Africa
- Interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for developing customer relationships
- Good presentation skills
- Ability tcommunicate effectively
- Competency trepresent the company in written and verbal format
- Ability tmanage business relationships at all levels.
French language skills
Service company background.
Method of Application
This position is closed.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale