Our Client is recognized as one of the top international management consultancy firms. They assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organizational design and performance improvement.
Reports to: Finance Controller – Africa
To perform the full Accounting function for the Lagos office including month end accounting, payroll, budgeting and forecasting and Tax and VAT compliance. This candidate will be the sole Finance person supporting the Lagos office and the role is expected to be varied, particularly in early months where implementation of certain set-up processes are still required.
This role will suit an intelligent and hardworking individual and should be seen as an opportunity to develop organizational skills within an entrepreneurial, professional environment, providing a solid foundation to the working dynamics of a finance department. The role will provide many learning opportunities for a team player that is hardworking, and motivated to achieve consistently high standards of quality output.
The successful candidate should have at least 3-4 years Nigeria Finance experience. The position requires a results driven, detail oriented person who can process numerical information with speed and accuracy. The candidate must have an ability to work to strict deadlines together with the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of staff both internally and externally, and show a flexible attitude to their workload.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Month end responsibilities
Annual Employee returns
• Provisional Employee returns
• Prepare Monthly Insurance journals for Health and Life Insurance
• Prepare monthly short term transfer schedule for Corporate
• Prepare monthly Headcount submission to corporate for review
• Maintain Employee personal re-charge reconciliation prior to monthly payroll, preparing personal recharge schedule for processing
• Responding to employee requests for information regarding payroll procedures Salary and bonus calculations, staff recoverable, contributions, withholdings etc.)
• Prepare monthly payroll variance analysis reporting
• Monthly review of Corporate statements and spending history and applying deductions where necessary
• Assist Team Leader and Controller with ad hoc projects
• Support Accounts Payable and Expenses process (currently handled in Johannesburg)
• Identify and implement improvements to current payroll processes
• Provide support to Africa Tax specialist with tax research and payroll regulations in Nigeria
• Manage Corporate card process – from application through to final analysis of employee spend.
• Assist with the annual budget process and quarterly forecast process as required
• Assist with year-end close and corporate reporting including Accruals to Cash, Tax Pack etc.
• Preparation of Monthly VAT and WHT return
• Assist with annual PwC audit.
Qualified and Interested candidates should send CV to email@example.com with title as subject.