Urban Planning Vacancy at 360 Degree Habitat Limited
Posted on: 6 November, 2016
Deadline: 30 November, 2016
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at 360 Degree Habitat Limited
360 Degree Habitat Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Urban Planner.
- Candidate will act as a Project Planner
The responsibilities/accountabilities of this role include demonstrating confidence, experience and keenness to lead in the following areas of delivery:
- Master planning: carrying out independent site visits to do analysis of sites/ developments, development of high level conceptual options, location and layout of master planning land uses, identifying population and knowledge of current trends and technologies in planning and integrating inputs and outputs with the environmental, infrastructure and transportation planners.
- Urban design: writing and illustrating urban design and concept architecture concepts, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop urban design and landscape guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Architecture: writing and illustrating concepts around different types of architecture, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop project briefs, strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same
- Landscape design: writing and illustrating landscape design and placemaking concepts, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Leadership: Leading (project managing) design projects for both internal and external clients. Leading, taking records at progress meetings, presentations and workshops.
- Business development: Seeking opportunities for further work with clients including identification of opportunities, writing proposals, pricing and determination of resources.
- Responding to ad hoc client and stakeholder requests: Quick turnaround for short planning, urban design exercises.
- Meeting and establishing relationships with local authorities
- Overall responsibility of the planning function on the project
- Co-ordinating programmes for the work
- Monitoring the planning and project controlling works for conformance with project procedures.
- Communication of programme information to team and stakeholders
- Presentation and negotiations of programme entitlement for additional works
- Working with the Construction Manager to ensure the construction programme is fit for purpose
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Architecture, and or Urban Design with a Master's in Urban Design, Planning, Landscape Architecture an advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant post graduate experience in Planning within the construction industry, in architecture or site planning with consultancy or a private developer.
- Strong background of working on highway or major infrastructure construction projects
- Sound knowledge of best practices and demonstration of use of innovative techniques in urban design, urban planning and sustainable development.
- Excellent hand drawing skills.
- Both tender & live works planning experience
- Previous highways planning experience – a plus
- Experience of using P6 and MS Office is essential
- Previous experience of managing / mentoring planning teams
- Heavy civil engineering background - qualifications or site experience
- Strong communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to email@example.com.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 360 Degree Habitat LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Electrical Supervisor at a Multinational Construction Company - Aldelia Limited
- Exciting Jobs at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Latest Recruitment at a Leading Facility Management Company - Alexander Nelson
- Secretary at an Architectural Firm - Simeons Pivot Resources
- Engineers at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Job Openings at DO.II Designs Ltd.(Updated)
- Latest Vacancies at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services
- Facility Managers at Alpha Mead Facilities