Job Opportunity at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 4 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 639
- This position is required to bridge the interface between the "area planning" of construction to link with the "system planning" required as of pre-commissioning and ultimately commissioning /handover as required by the projects commissioning team.
- The position needs to develop construction planning deliverables based on engineering and construction WBS codes which will roll into packages of work grouped around process systems in readiness for the pre commissioning and commissioning teams.
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Produce planning deliverables in accordance with the project timetable of phased implementation from engineering/procurement/construction/pre-commissioning/commissioning data.
- Assemble planning deliverables by early engagement with the project team so as to prepare the work-scope within a timely manner to maintain the schedule.
- Produce deliverables based on alerting the project to potential schedule difficulties.
- Propose mitigation solutions based on “what if” scenarios run in Primavera Project
- Planning software.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Review of construction documents & pre-commissioning deliverables and ensuring compliance with the scope of Work.
- Ensuring that the planning of mechanical completions is achieved by system. Ensure that the systems planning reflects the construction work-scope and reflects verification by relevant documentation – all disciplines.
- Ensure allowance is made within the planning for alignment checking/final testing and punch listing.
- Responsible for generation of pre-commissioning/commissioning planning to ensure system commissioning test packs and procedures are in place in a timely manner. Handover to be reflected by “system” to client teams.
- Ensure planning reflects the capture of as built information.
- Ensure the planning reflects contractual preservation and maintenance needs of deliverables up to handover.
- Understand engineering commissioning procedures/interfaces for all disciplines and reflect in planning deliverables.
- Produce interface pre commissioning and commissioning planning deliverables in accordance with the project schedule.
- Assemble planning deliverables by early engagement with the project team so as to produce planning deliverables ultimately in “system” format, within a timely manner.
- Any duties as deemed reasonable within the associated envelope of the individual’s technical capability.
- Assist in the technology transfer of good project controls practice to the other team members.
Key internal interfaces:
- Within the project controls group
- Minimum of 8 years experience within an oil and gas industry facilities engineering planning environment with appropriate planning of pre commissioning and commissioning project deliverables.
- Technical professional with in depth engineering project planning skills with demonstrable evidence of commissioning planning.
- Tertiary Technical qualifications essential.
- Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, and able to work in a challenging environment, with minimal supervision. Must be able to communicate at professional engineer level and thus draw together the best information into a multi discipline package for the project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (essential)
- PC Literate in MS Windows, Excel, MS Office,
- MS Project, Primavera Planning P6 (minimum skilled level)
- Mature person with cultural sensitivity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on jagal.hua.hrsmart.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at AOS Orwell
- Latest Vacancies at AOS Orwell
- Head of Operations at Puma Energy
- Contracts Administrator/Tender Analyst at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- IT Manager at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at Brunel Energy Nigeria
- Maventeq Systems Limited Recruiting For Inspection Engineers
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)