Stresert Services Limited - Our client is a big player in the paint/ industrial chemical sector of the Nigerian economy.
Overview of Job:
Direct or coordinate Material Planning, Production planning, Material procurement, warehousing, distribution and Logistics activities to ensure no materials stock-out in the factory, drive efficiency, reduce costs and improve service delivery.
Report to: MD
Job Duties and Tasks :
- Collate the sales forecast from the Sales team and translate into Material Requirement Plan (MRP) and production planning in conjunction with the production team.
- Drive the Sales & Operations Planning (S &OP) process and produce the weekly and monthly production master plan
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, distribution
- Develop material costs forecast or standard cost list
- Monitor material price movement and advise management accordingly
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, vendors and transporters
- Select best distribution and transportation models to improve efficiency and optimize costs
- Monitor suppliers performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- incorporate into the monthly master production plan
- Analyse inventories to determine inventory turns, reduce waste and optmise customer service delivery
- Supervise subordinates such as the procurement, inventory, fleet & logistic officers and the drivers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required in relevant field.
- Business or scientific related degree, preferred.
- 5+ years of operational or scheduling, procurement, logistics experience required.
- Working knowledge of MRP, required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, environment preferred.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess an excellent negotiation and collaboration skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suites
Salary range is attractive and negotiable.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send updated CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘SCPI’ as subject of mail before 15th November, 2016. Wrongly titled applications will not be considered, please be guided.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale