If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Stresert Services Limited - Our client is a big player in the paint/ industrial chemical sector of the Nigerian economy.
Overview of Job:
Direct or coordinate Material Planning, Production planning, Material procurement, warehousing, distribution and Logistics activities to ensure no materials stock-out in the factory, drive efficiency, reduce costs and improve service delivery.
Report to: MD
Job Duties and Tasks :
- Collate the sales forecast from the Sales team and translate into Material Requirement Plan (MRP) and production planning in conjunction with the production team.
- Drive the Sales & Operations Planning (S &OP) process and produce the weekly and monthly production master plan
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, distribution
- Develop material costs forecast or standard cost list
- Monitor material price movement and advise management accordingly
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, vendors and transporters
- Select best distribution and transportation models to improve efficiency and optimize costs
- Monitor suppliers performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- incorporate into the monthly master production plan
- Analyse inventories to determine inventory turns, reduce waste and optmise customer service delivery
- Supervise subordinates such as the procurement, inventory, fleet & logistic officers and the drivers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required in relevant field.
- Business or scientific related degree, preferred.
- 5+ years of operational or scheduling, procurement, logistics experience required.
- Working knowledge of MRP, required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, environment preferred.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess an excellent negotiation and collaboration skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suites
Salary range is attractive and negotiable.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send updated CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘SCPI’ as subject of mail before 15th November, 2016. Wrongly titled applications will not be considered, please be guided.