Accounting Vacancy at The Place
Posted on: 4 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at The Place
The Place - We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are presently into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing. We are opening new outlets in Lagos and looking for high-flying individual who shares the values of hard work, commitment and integrity and places high premium on personal development and career growth.
- The senior accountant will take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures for companies and organizations, utilizing his/her hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and practices to carry out some of the following duties:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing complex account information, giving an error free report and recommendations on status of reserves, assets and expenditures based on analysis.
- Maintains and balances all branches accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other account statements.
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments such as procurement and operations.
- In conjunction with junior accountants and finance managers, serves to enact, enforce and monitor compliance with company-wide accounting policies and procedures
- A degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Minimum of Five years progressively responsible experience.
- Must be a chartered accountant
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of accounting software and programs
- Ability to swiftly grasp company financial policies and protocols
- Additional Information
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The Place career website on www.smartrecruiters.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The PlaceSimilar Jobs
- Confectionery Role in the Hospitality Industry Via Afm Recruit
- Dispatch Riders at Spicy Dishes Nigeria
- Security Manager at InterContinental Lagos
- Business Development Executives at a Quick Service Restaurant - Productive People Limited
- GM Operations Managers at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Hotel Executive Chef at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Career Opportunities at Hilton Worldwide
- Laundry Attendants at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments