Job Opportunity at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Posted on: 4 November, 2016
Deadline: 16 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
NRC is looking for an experienced and dedicated candidates to fill the position below for our programme in Northern Nigeria:
Reports to: The Area Manager
Commencement: January 2017
Duration: 12 months
- Develop Shelter strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Responsible for developing funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports whilst ensuring integration with other core competencies.
- Overall management of project staff
- Collaborate closely with Shelter working group
- Monitor technical quality of Shelter projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Scale up and diversify Shelter operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Shelter expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with Shelter assistance in rural and urban contexts in emergency & protracted crisis
- A good understanding and experience with shelter approach in host communities and informal settlements
- Knowledge of Nigeria and/or West Africa an advantage
- Experience with cash and voucher approaches for NFIs and Shelter.
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Karuni, Fulani) an advantage.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels.Maiduguri is a non-family posting.
- Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) career website on candidate.webcruiter.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)Similar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam