GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 2769531
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Services
- This position involves scope to cover both (Proposal) ITO and (Execution) OTR for legacy Alstom GT. The ITO scope includes preparing Standard inspection, Conversion, Modification & Uprate (CM&U) technical proposals mainly for legacy Alstom Gas turbines (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition
- In this role you will utilize conceptual thinking and the ability to quickly determine applicability of GE technology to support the growing market in the MEA region.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services organizations to ensure the CM&U proposal is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting limits.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences.
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities.
- Review and own proposal related metrics.
- The engineering scope is well documented and defined for the execution team
- The plant as maintained is updated after outage
- BS degree or above in a Mechanical or equivalent technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to represent GE in customer communication & discussions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team in a global environment
- Proven record of responsiveness in offering disposition to various stakeholders (regional/global) including customer, service managers, design/repair center of excellence
- Fluency in English, ability to communicate with local customers & suppliers
- A Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Extensive background with Gas and Steam Turbine, generator product line. Experience on Alstom Gas Turbine is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Should be team player
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset
- Fluency in English ability to communicate with local customers & suppliers
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (GE employees only)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GE - General Electric career website on xjobs.brassring.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale