Christian Aid - Voice to the People (V2P) is a good governance project supporting communities in Kaduna state and the Southeast region of Nigeria to drive accountability among their leaders, raise their voices to demand the rights and services to which they are entitled and take part in the decision-making processes that affect their lives.
V2P aims to tackle the high levels of poverty that persist in Nigeria due to poor governance and ineffective service delivery by supporting citizens to influence effectively the provision of improved public services for all, including poor and excluded groups. It also sets out to facilitate citizen inclusion in decision-making processes about policy and service delivery.
Funded by UK aid from the UK government, Voice to the people is a partnership of state and national level civil society organisations led by Christian Aid Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Purpose of the Consultancy
Christian Aid and its partners on the V2P project will use digital and social media as an approach to support citizen advocacy for state accountability, and a big element of this is the project’s website.
Christian Aid is therefore looking to engage a web designer to refresh the existing WordPress project website (www.voicetothepeople.org) to be more in line with current design trends - a clean, bright and easy to navigate website that is mobile-optimised and accessible.
This refresh should create an interactive web platform with engaging multimedia, to hold information about the project and its activities and correctly project the V2P brand in style and design. Taking into consideration our target audience, we also seek a website that will be accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
Specific Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Regularly communicate with Christian Aid to gain mutual understanding of the project’s website needs and provide daily updates during the period of the contract.
- Take time to fully understand V2P and our users’ needs and draw up a detailed website specification / design plan that will meet the requirements of the project.
- Re-design and agree with Christian Aid sample page layouts, using fonts and colours that are consistent with the V2P branding guidelines. Wireframes for mobile, tablet, desktop are suggested.
- Design the website’s visual imagery in line with V2P’s branding guidelines, sign this off with Christian Aid and make any changes required.
- Layout (design and code) pages to agreed design within WordPress so that they can be easily updated and managed by editors (without coding experience) in the CMS.
- Test and improve the design until the site functions as agreed with Christian Aid. This includes quality assurance testing and full browser testing across major devices and browsers.
- Update staff on content management changes.
- Upload the site and handover the completed website, all assets and all admin access to Christian Aid after successful testing.
- The website redesign process is expected to begin on the 16th of November 2016 for an estimated duration of no more than 14 working days.
- The consultant is expected to work from his/her own station, but should retain constant communication with Christian Aid to provide updates on progress made, including short daily catch ups to report on progress and so both sides can address any questions.
- The consultant is expected to develop a realistic work plan showing milestones in the process.
Terms of Engagement
- Please note that Christian Aid complies with all tax policies and regulations, and therefore a 5% withholding tax will be deducted at source from the total cost of the consultancy fee.
- The successful candidate is therefore required to provide to Christian Aid his/her Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- The successful candidate (individual or firm) will need to demonstrate knowledge and skill in graphical and user-centred web design, programming and front-end coding.
He/ she must also:
- Be creative
- Have the ability to work according to the agreed deadlines
- Pay attention to detail
- Have good problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work.
Application Closing Date
11am 9th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and application letters to: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted consultants/firms will be contacted.
- Interested freelance consultants or firms should submit complete applications on or before the above closing date.
- Any applications submitted after this time will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale