Project Management Role at an Information Technology Firm
Posted on: 2 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Our company, an IT firm located in Lagos is in need of a Senior Project Manager. This position is responsible for planning, executing and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The ideal candidate must among other things be able to:
- Adhere to all PM standards all the time
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Always keep and update a Risk Register to identify, track and mitigate risks from occurring at any point in time and submit at the end of every project assigned to you.
- Always keep and update an Issue Register or Issue Log to record all issues within a project and track the actions taken to resolve them at any point in time and submit at the end of every project assigned to you.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents on every project assigned within one week of project commencement.
- Ensure proper timeline estimation is done for ALL projects
- Ensure that all projects assigned adhere to the test requirements agreed to at the outset of the project and meet the 100% quality threshold.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Ensure that all expected success criteria for projects assigned are identified and understood by all stakeholders and followed through throughout the project's life cycle.
- Execute tests as documented in the test plan, Log bugs (defects sheet) and work with developers in resolving them within a reasonable timeframe (as determined by the project schedule)
- Ensure all projects are properly tested before exposing the test link to client
- Ensure that client conducts User Acceptance Testing and certifies all required functionalities before deployment.
- Ensure that everything is working according to the agreed timelines and roles of everyone involved in assigned projects.
- Ensure sign-off is received on all project milestones before proceeding to the next phase.
- Penalty clauses for defaulters should be invoked after Two (2) weeks of notice
- Ensure departmental processes are communicated and shared with team via the file repository:
- All updated PMO SOPs must be properly documented on the repository and they must be accessible when needed.
- Ensure documentation of ALL processes related to Project Management are reviewed & updated bi-annually
- Repository and organizational assets must be up to date at all times: The project repository must be updated weekly with information on ongoing projects as well as project documents.
- Ensure requirements/scoping of all supporting tools are developed to specification as required by user departments.
- Proper spell checks must be done to avoid typographical errors at all times.
- Ensure all documents are reviewed before sending out.
- Adherence to the company’s naming conventions, font size and type, logo positioning, text text/line spacing alignment and packaging at all times.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project Management is required.
- A master’s degree and/or certification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing projects in IT related field or knowledge of IT is desired.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Web And Software Developers at Novateur Nigeria
- Transmission Operations Engineer at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Nigerian Indigenous Language Teacher at an EdTech Company - OICS Limited
- Graduate Business Analysts at erpSOFTapp Limited
- Latest Jobs at Ark Technologies Limited
- Account Officer at xPlug Technologies Limited
- Network Planning & Optimization Officer at Nokia Nigeria
- Data & Software Internships for Students at eHealth4everyone