Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement company HSE policy that is in compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments on new sites and design risk mitigation measures.
- Develop all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with OHSAS 18001/2007 and ISO 14001/2004 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Monitor HSE officers in executing continuous audits.
- Manage the HSE officers and coordinate their audit schedule.
- Provide HSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan for implementation.
- Investigate the root cause of HSE complaints put forward by members of staff, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the Management of the company.
- Follow ups to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
- Assist Management in the preparation and presentation at field HSE meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses.
- Review and analyse accidents and near miss incidents and making corrective action recommendations.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency.
- Supervises the regular inspection of fire fighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Supervise on-site doctors and medical emergency response preparation and implementation.
- Ensure that operations employees and all other employees of the company, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions.
- Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance.
- Report to Management on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Management.
Key Performance Indicators
- Effectiveness of safety framework/guideline
- Effectiveness and level of compliance (by the company, its clients and relevant stakeholders) with HSE policies.
- Level of detail in reporting HSE related matters to the Management.
- Promptness of reports and effectiveness of recommendations.
- Success in the implementation of regular safety drills company-wide.
- Response time in resolving HSE related matters.
- Low level/number of HSE related violations
Working knowledge, Skills and Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to convince and communicate strongly.
- Excellent training skills.
- Ability to provide detailed audit reports, with relevant required preventive and corrective measures.
- Fluent English speaking and excellent report writing skills.
- Qualified in implementation of health and safety standards.
- Previous experience in construction would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and application letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.