Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Damco Logistics Nigeria is looking for an experienced and commercially savvy colleague to take the position of Key Account Manager to spearhead our expansion in the country.
- The job will be an exciting opportunity to innovate & drive a sound commercial strategy and management of same to achieve success in a combination of developed and emerging markets.
- Strong emphasis is put on emerging Supply Chain Management opportunities and the candidate should have experience from selling and implementing SCM.
- The Key Account Manager reports to the Area Chief Commercial Officer in Lagos, and will be a part of the Country leadership team.
Directly manage a portfolio of Key Accounts:
- Act as the single and main contact in country for all accounts assigned to the portfolio, in respect to commercial activities
- Build and maintain relationships with as many key contacts/decision makers as possible inside customers organization and enhance a long-lasting business partnerships
- Include key DAMCO personnel into the relationship to ensure that relationships run as deep as possible into both organizations
- Understand and translate the local needs of the Customers and share and engage with other IMEA TEAM KAM’s as well as other KAMs across our organization
- Promote IMEA throughout the KAM global organization
- Ensure engagement between IMEA and Global organization
- Act as the liaison between the customer and the DAMCO organization
- Be the “voice” of the customer identifying issues and addressing them throughout the organization in a proactive manner.
- Must understand CRM and SMART reporting and ensure that they use these tools in accordance to company guidelines
- Must personally update all information into the CRM as required by the company
- Constantly update their own skills and knowledge within the assigned Vertical
- KAM’s will work closely with Project Managers to ensure we are tackling the account from all angles
Who we are looking for:
- Strong Experience of more than 5 years in the Logistics Industry
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Ability to work as individual but also as a TEAM Player
- Very strong Customer facing and presentation skills
- Must speak and write the native language at a high level
- Must speak and write English at a high level
- Speaking any third language is considered a benefit
- Must be outgoing and easily able to build relationships at all levels
- Must have a proven track record in sales
An impactful role in the growth based strategy for the Country with a pipeline that covers a full range of logistics services and the package to match your experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Damco Nigeria career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.