Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Internal: Technical, Strategy, Finance
- External: Banks, JV Partners, Investors, DPR, NAPIMS
Job Purpose/Key Objectives
- The Planning and Economics Manager will coordinate the planning and economics function within the company.
- The job holder’s main objectives are Economic Evaluation & Portfolio and Development Planning.
- Coordinate periodic portfolio reviews to reduce, rank and manage investment risk.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to create proprietary frameworks for planning and asset management.
- Liaise with relevant departments to develop rounded field, asset and portfolio development plans.
- Manage and Reconcile macro, competitive and industry analysis views with field development objectives and advise on priority, timing and business development.
- Conduct analytic planning and scheduling reports for ongoing projects to identify potential problem areas and report findings to management.
- Key custodian of portfolio/asset performance measurement.
- Develop and maintain robust and integrated economic models for all assets in portfolio.
- Co-ordinate formal assumptions reviews and sign-offs and compiling the assumption documents.
- Develop economic model sensitivities, alternative scenarios, value-driver and decision tree analysis.
- Keep abreast of developments on economic evaluation, taxation and fiscal terms, cost structures.
- Lead statutory reporting of hydrocarbon reserves.
- Build, update and maintain models for statutory reporting.
- Provide economic input into business development, strategic development and stakeholder management.
- Perform all other duties that are necessary and reasonably attached to the Planning and Economics Manager position and the fulfillment of its responsibilities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Commercial.
Key Performance Indicators
- Robust economic analysis
- Value-driver implementation
- Effective Portfolio Planning
- Pro-active response.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Science or any relevant discipline.
- Master’s in numerate/ science or a MBA will be an advantage.
- 8-15 years’ experience in economic analysis, portfolio planning and asset management.
- Some project management experience.
- Subsurface, Geoscience or asset management experience is desirable.
- Independent E&P experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of either Palantir Plan or Schlumberger’s Merak Peep planning tool.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- MS Project and Excel modelling is a prerequisite.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management.
- Planning, Organization & Coordination
- Proficient use of MS Office application.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Integrity and ethics; objectives; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy and reliability; highly numerate.
- Adaptable, proactive, sound judgement and use of initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and observe contractual deadlines and timetables.
- Displays a quality of work that reflects high professional standards, and projects a professional and positive image at all times.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply