African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position N°: 50072428
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery’responsible for operational relevancy, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The VP-RDIBD will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its RMCs and will oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
The Hiring Department
- Angola Country Office (AOFO) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Driver.
- This position is based in Luanda, Angola and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Resident Representative and the day to day supervision of the Administrative Assistant of the Angola Country Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the Operations with focus to the Office staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Angola as and when required;
- Transporting the Resident Representative when requested;
- Ensuring routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Performing office messenger duties;
- Representing the Bank in a professional manner and appearance and conduct at all times;
- Performing any other duties reasonably requested by the Resident Representative and management.
Selection Criteria (Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience)
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Must have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Very good command of written and spoken English or Portuguese and good understanding of Portuguese or English;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet;
- Honest and good character;
- Excellent team work and interpersonal Skills.
Method of Application
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions of employment. (Incumbents of the position will be considered as local staff and will not have international status).
Interested and qualified? Go to African Development Bank - AfDB career website on www.afdb.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale