Microsoft Nigeria If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
Job #: 996268
- EPG - STU Lead: Do you want to be a key sales leader at one of the largest cloud company in the world at the most exciting transformative time in the industry? Microsoft, since its founding, has stood for individual and organizational empowerment.
- What?s different about our company when compared with the industry is that we make things that help other people make things. We also help them make things happen. Joining Microsoft Enterprise and Partner Group(EPG) as a Specialist Team Unit(STU) lead, the manager will be leading a team of solution specialists and technical specialists to provide and sell the best-in-class cloud service and platforms to our Enterprise customers, building the momentum of digital transformation for our customers & partners as well as the company itself.
- The STU lead provides thought leadership and sales leadership to accelerate our transformation to cloud and mobility across enterprise sales and is a great sales coach and leader, has a challenger mentality, is fluent in sales-leadership practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across solution areas.
Revenue targets and Scorecard:
- Meets sales and revenue targets in all-up cross segment solution area revenue and team member solution area revenue; Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational standards.
- Drive green STU-led Scorecard Metrics each quarter.
- Lead STU sellers and technical-sellers to drive cloud businesses growth at or above targets, and lead cross-team to ensure consumption of cloud services sold.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration;
- Lead STU sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviours), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
STU Ownership Accountability:
- Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution area: STU sellers directly leading 50%+ of the cloud and SQL opportunities, with 50%+ partner attach rate to qualified opptys.
- Consistent and predictable in managing the STU-led businesses: 60%+ of STU-owned opportunities due in current quarter in forecast, with 80%+ Pipeline Close Rate for STU-owned opportunities; +/-5% quarterly forecast accuracy: Cross Workload SSM accountable for accurate financial forecast by workload (EPG all-up).
- People Management:
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches Seller's with a 'challenger mentality' by prompting Seller's to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers? business.
- Above EPG average WHI (Workgroup Health Index) and LHI (Leadership Health Index) scores, with above average scores against the subsidiary/district average and/or the regional average.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the STU and at the subsidiary, regional or Corporate levels.
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
- Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
- Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following: IT Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, EDS, KPMG or the equivalent; Competing Cloud and software companies, particularly Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, VMWare, Cisco, AMZN
- Bachelor's degree: Required (Computer Science, similar information technology-related discipline or Business Administration); MBA desired
- Sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.),
- Sales methodologies (equivalent to MSP), broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications space, business process consulting or automation, CRM, Employee Performance Management (systems and processes)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft career website on careers.microsoft.com to apply