Latest Job Opening at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
Posted on: 31 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Report To: F&B Manager
- Assist in the organization, management and administration of all operational aspects for the Food and Beverage Outlets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in scheduling reservations and parties or special events in Hotel or Apartment, Off the Record, and the Private dining room.
- Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Manage the Open Table system with the host staff, ensuring accuracy of all guest reservations and shift reservations.
- Assist Host staff with greeting and seating guests during peak times of operation.
- Organize all documentation for shift work on a daily basis including pre-shift reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, requisitions for beverage, food and sundries and manage labour on a daily basis.
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of dining rooms and work areas; communicate issues of safety, cleanliness or malfunctions to appropriate departments; manage maintenance/safety issues to completion.
- Plan and conduct meetings for outlets to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well motivated.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments.
- Be aware of and assist to control current budgeted and forecasted revenues, payroll, and product costs.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances to the Director of Restaurants and or Human Resources.
- Assist in maintaining all Micros programming for food and beverage outlets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management preferred or equivalent experience; Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services. License/Certification: obtain any/all locally required licenses/certifications that relate to the job being performed such as food safety certifications will be added advantage.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- This position is one of very high guest contact and position profile, as such, all established standards of excellence must be maintained at all times and every effort must be made to meet and/or exceed all guest expectations or requests.
- This position supervises all hourly employees in the food and beverage outlets and is responsible for assisting in the administrative tasks related to the outlets.
- Must have good working knowledge of the English language - ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of Nigeria money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bolton White Hotels & ApartmentsSimilar Jobs
- Waiter/Waitress at Bluelodge Hotel
- Senior Accountng Officer at Swanky Suites in Grandview
- Waiter/Waitress at Westown Hotels
- General Manager at Swanky Suites in Grandview
- Digital Marketing Executive at Eat 'N' Go Limited
- Audit Officer at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
- HVAC Engineer/Technician at Westown Hotels
- Training Coordinator at Hilton Worldwide