Business Development Opportunity at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
Posted on: 31 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Requisition ID: WD95944
- Provide data analysis and insight support to the business towards achieving set objectives.
- Compile, process, analyze and provide insight on all sales and marketing data.
- Collate and process daily/weekly /monthly primary/secondary sales
- Provide information on daily sales, Partners payment situation (daily tracker) to Sales team and channel analysis ( channel distribution etc)
- Incentives and ROI analysis on sales and marketing promotions
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct any data errors/problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities as relates to data collection and analysis.
- Track, analyze and report sales results: Primary and Secondary Sales
- Formalize reporting process of field perspective analysis as it relates to future company strategy, product needs and customer feedback.
- Supervise sales Automation projects - handhelds
- Management of sales force /Partners Accounts Incentives and ROI analysis.
- Consolidation of Territory Forecasts
- Preparation Actual, Budget, and Forecast Schedules
- Coordination of Databases- Sales, Stocks, Partners, Trade channels and AC Nielsen.
- Prepare and distribute monthly sales target for the field team
- Analyze business wide performance based on contributions by regions, brand and partners
- Business improvement of existing and new database and reporting modules
- Lead operational review process by developing detailed operational review reports, scheduling operational review meeting and presenting data to leadership team.
- Work closely with AC Nielsen team to ensure prompt delivery of AC Nielsen data, review database integrity, schedule and lead quarterly review meetings for all categories.
- Deliver monthly data packets detail category performance, primary and secondary sales trends, weighted and numeric distribution performance by channel and region, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge: Role will need a high level of knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer skills (Good use of Ms office applications, Sun System and JDE)
- Basic Accounting skills
- Business Management
- Time management
- Experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases, programming software.
- Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Complexity: Role will need the ability to manage business complexities and layers of information by:
- Providing accurate reports and Insights
- Partners Account Reconciliation
- Monthly sales report analysis
- Independent thinking: Highly proactive, solution focused ability to adequately track and measure.
- Communication Evaluation & Development: Role will use GSK and leading industry practices to evaluate fit-for-use communication approaches, and where required guide development of “Nigeria specific” analysis and insights.
- Measuring & Tracking: Role will directly identify appropriate projects for measuring and also key criteria for tracking execution of the same as well as delivery against business goals
- Leadership: role will directly interact with Marketing and Sales leadership, General Manager, multiple Category Team stakeholders, Area marketing and sales teams to inspire confidence in strategy and drive aligned delivery
- Ability to Influence: collaborate across shopper / insights / brand / category / expert / regulatory / GMS teams to rollout ‘best for Africa’ solutions irrespective of point of origin.
- Lead through adversity: role will require high level of resilience and flexible thinking to respond to challenging external environment that Africa presents. In addition, ability to deliver results fast in a changing internal environment where new ways of working need to be established and resistance may be met
- Problem Solving & Innovation: High degree of judgment and analysis will be required in the role, for example: Trading off purist/data-led approaches versus being pragmatic to overcome specific in-country issues. Driving responsiveness of plans based on competitive dynamics as well as P&L requirements.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GlaxoSmithKlineSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Pfizer
- Job Openings at Kayhelt Pharma Limited
- Head of Finance at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Compliance Specialist at a Leading Pharmaceutical Company - Kinetic Business Solutions FZ
- Production Pharmacist at Gemini Pharmaceuticals Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at Sylken Limited
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Pfizer Nigeria
- Human Resource Role at Benjamin Michaels Limited (BM)