Engineering Opportunity at a Leading Construction Company - WFO Roedl & Partner
Posted on: 28 October, 2016
Deadline: 11 November, 2016
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at WFO International
At WFO Roedl & Partner - Our client, a leading Construction company, is looking for a reliable qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- Civil / Building Engineer who will combine technical responsibilities with Project Management and apply expert knowledge of construction materials and commercial nous to negotiate deals with suppliers, making sure that building projects are as cost-effective as possible. Such individual will also be responsible for the procurement and management of construction materials that are used on-site.
- Responsible for planning, marking out and levelling construction sites before any building work takes place.
- Build other vital facilities to make sure construction projects go off without a hitch.
- Liaise with other engineers, surveyors, clients and sub-contractors and other third party stakeholders to keep them updated on the progress of the construction project.
- In charge of health and safety on the construction site, providing technical advice and quality control for everyone working on the site.
- Surveying a site, checking drawings, quantities of materials and ensure the accuracy of calculations.
- Plan the work to be done and organize activities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Resolve any technical problems that crop up and make sure a project successfully reaches completion.
- Offers advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects.
- Report daily progress of the project to the MD, provide advice to the management team and prepare site reports.
- Ensure equipment and procedures comply with safety regulations.
- Make sure budgets, time scales and project specifications are met.
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and laws.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site Labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Follow up with site subcontractor to ensure that work is being carried out as per design drawings, specification and on planned schedule.
- Ensure prompt communication regarding any changes in plan to the appropriate representatives
- Conduct regular job site inspections and actively monitor the work environment for hazards
- Assist in the quality and safety audit, and also, identify and highlight possible risk on project
- Assist in necessary project documentation
- Inventorying the job site and ensuring that the supplies are properly maintained
- Coordination for verification of extra claims raised by the contractor
- Must be highly organized, responsible and have an eye for details
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workloads to meet required targets/deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in speaking and in writing.
- Knowledgeable in building law and regulations, and understand legal implications of any decisions.
- Enthusiasm and leadership potential and be able to think innovatively and work on own initiative.
- Genuine interest and knowledgeable in the construction industry.
- Analytical ability and numerical skills
- Proficiency in use of IT systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project or similar and accountancy software.
- Minimum of Upper Credit HND / 2.1 B.Sc. or equivalent Degree in Civil Engineering/Building technology or any relevant subject such as Structural Engineering or Construction.
- Training in project management and construction procurement will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the same role (post NYSC).
- Able to understand and adhere to the company’s regulations and procedures and to effectively assimilate procedural and technical detail
- Must be flexible in regard to working across all aspects of the business, and long hours to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position being applied for in the subject of their email.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WFO InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Limited
- Front Desk/ Admin Officer at a Dubai Based Project Mangement and Construction Company
- Latest Job Openings at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- IT Intern - Graduate Trainee at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Interior Architect at iDesign
- Residence Manager- Student Hostel at Student Accommod8 (SA8)
- Retail Manager- VAS at Student Accomod8
- HSE Manager at GreenKey Facility Management Limited