GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 2765966
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Regions
- The Senior Commercial Operations Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
- In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management, including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification compliance, scope development, transactional pricing, customer negotiations, customer communications and issue resolution
- Lead the transactional deal process having the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound quality deals as well as fully manage associated contractual issues that arise over the life of the project
- Provide leadership during the deal review process to ensure that all technical risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording
- Interface with the Region Sales teams to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals
- Coordinate the output of proposals to insure the production schedule dates are met and that a quality proposal is issued to the customer
- Meet order budget, proposal timeliness (VTW), cycle time, hit Rate / win Rate, DPMO reduction and project profitability
- Develop appropriate Terms and Conditions for standard Customer proposals based on Risk / Reward Analysis
- Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Commercial or Oil & Gas industry.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - a strong understanding of contracts, business financials and reporting.
- Positive, mature, can-do approach to work and to problem solving
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive and energy and ability to influence
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Prior experience in sales, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of how transactions affect the business model (both GE and customer)
- Knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
- Industry knowledge / competitive landscape understanding at a transaction level
- Ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Six Sigma training is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on xjobs.brassring.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.