At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 112,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world.
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria, 101233, NG
Company: BASF West Africa
Job ID: WASAM20161026-SE
What you can expect
- The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for the marketing and sales of the Company’s products in the Pharmaceutical Solutions range to customers within Sub-Sahara (Western/Eastern Africa), in order to optimise market share and profit margins, and ensure implementation of the relevant SBU & regional strategies. Core responsibilities will include:
- Manage existing customer portfolio, while proactively identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
- Compiling and monitoring sales budgets and taking corrective action where necessary
- Controlling and co-coordinating the planning/target agreement processes with customers
- Accurate and on time reporting (e.g. monthly report, forecasting, market data, client visit reports, opportunity pipeline, etc.) according to SBU requirements
- Operational guidance and support of the relevant Customer Service Officers
- Ensure on-going market intelligence and prepare comprehensive local market analysis with focus on market demand, market shares etc.
- Liaise with the European formulation laboratory for customer formulation projects
What we expect
- A relevant tertiary degree in Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering is required. Any additional qualification in business / economics would be an added advantage.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within the pharmaceutical industry, either in R&D or production.
- Additionally, candidates should have at least 2-5 years’ experience in sales/ marketing/ technical support in pharmaceutical industry or health sector
- We require a candidate with excellent communication and presentation skills, and a strong sales and customer service orientation.
- Candidate must be willing to travel, both locally and internationally.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Job Segment: Manager, Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BASF The Chemical Company career website on basf.jobs to apply