Talent Bureau - Our client is a Multinational Company, a major player and leader in the Food Production, Consumer Goods and Food & Beverage Industry.
Department : Procurement Department
Reports to : Procurement Manager
Team Members: 2 Buyers, 1 Assistant
Main Responsibility Area:
- Managing the purchase of raw and packaging, materials in line with the procurement policy.
- Managing supplier call offs, and monitoring contracts, agreements and relevant progress by checking the quality of goods and services provided.
- Drive the realization of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in line with procurement policy.
- Continuously identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Continuous improvement on supplier sourcings, managing and devoloping relations with suppliers.
- Drive the implementation of procurement policy and processes - supplier qualification, supplier management, supplier optimization & contract management to achieve organizational growth.
- To manage and control all proforma invoices, commercial invoices and bounded procedures and take necessary actions proactively for all purchasing activities and operations.
- To prepare annual budget prices for spend category and creating material forecasts.
- To master purchasing methods ( RFQ, tender, open/close bidding), evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Managing and controlling all purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and other related documents on Microsoft Navision Module.
- Managing and supervising all the activities of the buyers and assistants.
- Ensuring payment of vendors for goods supplied or services rendered at the agreed payment terms.
- Resolution of operational issues with vendors/suppliers.
- Internal customer engagement and satisfaction
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the various business units to implement sourcing plan that guaranteed continuous flow of materials in the most cost effective and efficient way to support business needs.
- Minimum 5 years in operational and strategic procurement role (category management and sourcing) with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy to ensure that a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Navision ERP System
Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Engineering discipline)
Proficiency in English
- Strong management and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English.
- Highly effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions, and departments.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the content, processes and delivery channels in the field of the assigned categories.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships.
- Expert negotiation skills.
- Ability to assess potential and risks associated with supplier and market changes, and integrate with category and sourcing strategies.
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data.
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems
- Having good experience about Nigeria legislations, local business relations and operational processes.
- Preferably local purchasing experience in FMCG sector.
go to method of application »
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies to match up to
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Coach the team and get the best from everyone
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Anticipate bottlenecks
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience as brand manager in the Biscuit industry
- Drive for results and leaderships skills
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Highly creative with ability to think out of box
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Excellent command of the English language
go to method of application »
Line Manager: P2M Programme Manager
Job Scope:Nigeria & West Africa
Role Context & Responsibilities:
The P2M Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of all NPD and EPD projects for all brands from the Project Definition stage through to the Launch and Post Launch Review stages. The P2M Project Manager will deliver high-level project management leadership within the dynamic, complex and fast changing international environment. The Project Manager should have experience of successfully delivering projects within the Innovation and Product to Market business processes.
The role has responsibility for actions related to the commercialization process, and product and package changes within the brand portfolio. It involves the management of multi-functional project teams to deliver new product innovations, and product to market solutions from concept to launch within agreed time lines, costs, scope, quality and regulatory parameters.
This role ensures that key business KPIs (volume, revenue, agreed hurdle rates, TGC%) and appropriate rigour (consumer insights and robust volume forecasting) are adhered to in the management of projects.
The role ensures that appropriate Functional Leads take the required decisions and have input into the projects as appropriate. The P2M Manager manages the risks, raises issues and resource constraints, and reports to the greater Business for best resolutions to achieve business objectives.
In addition to Project leadership and activation, the Project Manager is expected to have a good understanding of the complexity of an export business and must work within International “ways of working” with all stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies.
- The P2M Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of designated NPD and EPD projects year on year, contributing to the overall growth agenda. Working with the core Marketing and Operations team, this role will ensure the successful delivery and launch from conception to market locally in Nigeria and across the West African countries, as applicable.
- The candidate on this role is likely to have about 10 – 15 active projects ongoing at any one time, many of which would be at different innovation pipeline stages and if launched, would require post launch tracking. Some projects would be simple in nature; others would be at different levels of complexity.
To ensure success on this role, the P2M Project Manager will be required to:
- Deliver the designated portfolio of NPD and EPD products for their markets on time, in full, within budget and with a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Effectively coordinate the roll out of key marketing and project activities as received from the global central team to the responsible local markets.
- Contribute to and support the ongoing funnel of innovation ideas for the Sub Sahara Africa markets to meet the volume and revenue targets.
- Manage and work within the international and region P2M Teams to ensure alignment and achievement of the P2M goals and objective.
- Build, develop and maintain strong working relationships with the central Marketing, Technical and Finance teams, local Brand Managers, respective Regional Managers, and the Operations team to deliver innovation project solutions.
- Manage cross functional teams to deliver international NPD and EPD successfully and to time.
- Leverage the innovation software platforms and processes to ensure accurate documentation and project management coordination for the different projects
- Ensure that the Project Information databases is up to date with all key project documentation, status information and headline news for their group of projects.
- Establish, develop and communicate project launch time lines; identify and communicate critical paths and key milestones for all NPD and EPD projects.
- Highlight project risks, if any, and provide clear and concise communication of impact of affected project deliverables to key stakeholders, including the Marketing Director, Operations Director, Country Managing Director and Region MD.
- Manage, record and report the budget for their group of initiatives within the framework.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance to the RGR process and timings for the portfolio of projects.
- Internal Stakeholders – Local & International:
- P2M Programme Manager (Line Manager)
- Marketing Director (Function Lead)
- Operations Director (Function Head)
- Marketing / Brand Managers
- Sales Managers
- Technical Team
- Manufacturing Team
- Regulatory & Compliance Team
- Packaging Team
- Supply Chain Team
- Procurement Manager
- Finance Team
- Project Managers
- Packaging design agencies / Creative agencies
- Reprographics suppliers
- Packaging suppliers
- Regulatory authorities (NAFDAC, SON)
- Distribution Centre
- Day to day decisions with project teams to progress projects
- Generation and implementation of solutions to resolve project issues on a daily basis.
- Sets priorities for own work
- Escalate appropriate issues to senior stakeholders, identifying causes, dependencies, implications, and key actions required for resolution
Qualification & Pre-requisites:
University Degree required (As an alternative, a Higher National Diploma (HND) would be considered if the candidate has the required level of experience or skills needed for this role)
Certification in Project Management would be an added advantage, but is not a pre-requisite
Mandatory: 5 – 8 years working experience
Mandatory: At least 3-4 years in a similar role with responsibility for managing the innovation pipeline
Desirable: At least 2 years in the food sector
Mandatory: FMCG experience is mandatory
Mandatory: Experience working in Nigeria
Desirable: Experience working in other West Africa countries would be an added advantage
English (Fluent in written and spoken)
Innovation pipeline management: Essential
Project management: Essential
People management: Essential
Supply Chain: Desirable
International Sales: Desirable
Working with a culturally diverse team: Desirable
Skills and Knowledge:
Project Management: Highly Competent
Planning and Organization Skills: Highly Competent
Timeline development and management: Highly Competent
Written Communication: Highly Competent
Presentation with impact: Highly Competent
Relationship Building: Highly Competent
Action Oriented: Highly Competent
Influencing People: Highly Competent
Persuasion: Highly Competent
Computer Literate: Highly Competent
Risk Identification: Highly Competent
Stakeholder Management: Moderately Competent
Influencing Business: Moderately Competent
Cultural Awareness: Moderately Competent
Risk Management: Developing Competent
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.