Stresert Services Limited - Our client is a Company Secretarial Group; they carry out Secretarial deliverables to a number of diverse clients. As a result of expansion, they require the service of a Senior Associate for immediately recruitment.
REPORT TO: Directors/ Head Company Secretarial Group
JOB SUMMARY: The job holder will supervise companies in diverse industries and provide Company Secretarial Services, most notably those in the Real Estate Industry. Hence, the ideal candidate is required to be proficient in Conveyancing (the transfer of legal title of property from one person to another, or the granting of an encumbrance such as a mortgage or a lien).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing company secretarial services to the organization’s clients including scheduling meetings, proactively managing agendas, taking minutes, following up on action items to ensure achievement of deliverables and reporting on matters arising. Ensure client compliance with various Industry Corporate Governance Codes. Supporting Chairman of client companies to ensure the respective Boards efficiently perform their oversight and developmental functions.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation affecting clients industry and advising Client companies and members as to how such changes applies to them respectively.
- Developing a robust system of communicating decisions to members and other stakeholders (as appropriate).
- Keeping and maintaining the register of members, books of account and other statutory books of client companies; the register of directors and secretaries; the register of directors’ interests; the register of charges etc.
- Ensure that all Companies’ annual returns, share certificates and accounts are prepared & filed on time with the relevant authorities.
- Prepare relevant documents in respect of changes to the company structure as and when required. Such matters will include allotment of shares, transfer of shares, creation of different share classes, and appointments and resignations of officers.
- Filing of Statutory Forms and copies of resolutions and agreements at the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Providing Members and Directors with notices of statutory meetings and such other meetings including drafting governance section of the client companies’ annual reports and ensuring that all reports are made available to members according to the relevant regulatory or listing requirements. companies books
- Providing administrative support to client companies as may be required.
- Keep current and accurate time records and ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly. Follow up on debit notes promptly.
- Help create the strategic plan and develop processes to grow the organization’s client base. Ensure KPI’s as set by the directors are met.
- Provide support to Board committees and build effective working relationships with all board members, offering impartial advice and acting in the best interests of the company.
- Advising on procedural &administrative systems on behalf of clients.
- Assist board Chairmen with all development processes including board evaluation, induction and training.
- Ensuring client company policies are kept current, and that members are aware of their legal implications.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as may be delegated or assigned by the Directors.
DESIRED COMPETENCY AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS The candidate must have:
Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated professional maturity and poise; ability to employ discretion in sensitive situations
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience with major laws, rules and regulations affecting Nigeria’s financial and Real Estate markets
- Ability to work well with a variety of constituencies; comfortable influencing superiors to achieve desirable outcomes
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Resourceful and proactive working style
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strict attention to detail
- Ability to own complex initiatives
- Superior project management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Proven track record of strong performance against set deliverables
- Ability to generate trust and respect from staff and external stakeholders. Drive and enthusiasm to accomplish set goals
- Must be familiar with the workings of the Corporate Affairs Commission, Ministry of Interior and Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or other relevant discipline
- Member, Institute of Chartered Secretaries will be an advantage
- About 5-8 years experience, preferably gained from a number of organizations as set forth below:
- Company secretarial function of a listed company, top tier capital market or financial industry operator
- Company secretarial practice in a top-tier law or professional services firm
- Transformative mind set, visionary and goal oriented, team player, enthusiasm to acquire and share knowledge, self-disciplined, and a self-starter.
Proposed salary is between N3, 500, 000 – N4, 000, 000 / a plus other benefits
Method of Application
Qualified Company Secretaries with the above requirements should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘Com Sec II’ as subject of mail