UFR Head of Engineering
The Head of Engineering will be eventually responsible to ensure that the engineering of the UFR packages is conducted in accordance with the Contract and COMPANY technical requirements, within the project schedule and budget. He will be managing the Detailed Engineering and Qualification activities performed by UFR Contractor.
To this objective, the Head of Engineering will be responsible for:
• Managing a team of engineers and specialists (up to 10 personnel)
• Leading the review of all relevant Engineering / Qualification documentation, ensuring the adequate level of priority is given, and ensuring the required quality of the UFR deliverables
• Supporting the System Leaders for all technical aspects related to Engineering / Qualification activities
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification activities are performed in line with Contract requirement and Project Specifications, all within project schedule
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification activities are performed in line with SOR and the Client’s General Specifications and issue proper SOR changes and derogations, if required
• Ensuring that engineering activities are progressed to a sufficient level before the start of Qualification, Procurement, Manufacturing and Fabrication activities.
• Assisting Procurement, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities and leading the resolution of engineering issues when necessary
• Assisting in interface management as necessary
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are systematically considered in the design and managing UFR input to HAZID/HAZOP/PTR project audits.
• Reporting to the UFR Technical Manager on all engineering matters with a focus on technical compliance, schedule and cost
• Ensuring feedbacks from industry and Client’s other operated deepwater assets are available and accounted for in the agreed contracts for the UFR packages and subsequent work execution.
• Deputizing for the UFR Technical Manager as required.
• To ensure that Project HSE policy and objectives are cascaded within their package.
• To fully implement project HSE system with pro-active involvement of HSE personnel at early stage of each phase of the project.
• To ensure that Contractors & Subcontractors HSE assessments are carried out at Contract Award stage and commitment from them are obtained to fill identified gaps with Company HSE requirements and standards.
• To ensure that regulatory requirements are met and that no activity is undertaken without having first obtained the necessary official authorization.
Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY (copy of diploma to be provided) with MSc or equivalent that relates to industry at large and preferably to Petroleum industry activities (such as Mechanical Engineering, Wells & Drilling Engineering, Controls, Ocean & Subsea Engineering, preferred); ideally the candidate will be also a chartered Engineer (such as CEng MICE); his education will have been complemented by professional trainings during his professional experience.
• 10 to 15 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry for offshore and deepwater subsea works with responsibilities including medium to large size team management, engineering experience for large size EPCI-C projects.
• Experience in the management of a complex multidiscipline Project team. Good motivational skills. Sound organisation ability and respect for planning and budgets. Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and Client’s general specifications
• Good knowledge in pipelines, risers, structural, hydrodynamics and flow-assurance
• Good knowledge in material, corrosion, coatings
• Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
Send your CV to email@example.com