Subsea Systems Engineer
During CFT and basic design period up to Contract Award:-
• Ensure implementation in his/her own discipline of all HSE and QC requirements and report to SPS Engineering Manager on any deviation.
• Liaison with other SPS Company disciplines to ensure that internal interfaces and transverse technical requirements are adequately incorporated into the Basic Engineering (BE) definition of SPS design documentation.
• Manage and review the SPS Interface and Battery limit documents produced by the BE Contractor and ensure coherency with SPS CFT Exhibits.
• Liaison with Company Technical Specialists to ensure that BE Contractor’s proposal for materials selection, test and verification are in compliance with Company / Project specifications and Field Development needs.
• Review and evaluation of SPS pre-commissioning, commissioning and Equipment hand-over deliverables from BE Contractor to ensure compliance with Company specifications and incorporation of requirements into design specifications.
• Review of manifold and foundation systems design documentation produced during BE to ensure compliance with Company / Project specifications and Field Development needs.
• Provide assistance to the SPS Engineering Manager for follow-up of Basic Engineering (BE) Contractor activities related to SPS Systems engineering design activities such as PFDs, P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Thermal Performance definition and local Drill Centre Architecture.
• Manage the production of the BE Design Dossier for Systems Engineering deliverables to be in line with the schedule for issue of the SPS Call For Tender (CFT)
• The evaluation and reporting of the execution of the BE Contractor’s associated scope of work including, as required, the identification and management of any required remedial actions
• Evaluation of the commercial aspects of the CFT Exhibits for the SPS Systems Engineering issues with particular emphasis on Contract Execution strategy including schedule, QA / QC requirements and interface management.
• Liaison with Company specialists within technical departments to ensure conformance of proposed designs with, or for approval to derogate from, Company specifications.
• Report to the SPS Engineering Manager formally, on a weekly and monthly basis, and on an ad-hoc basis with respect to Systems Engineering activities.
• Participate to preparation of the CFT Appraisal Procedures and Documentation.
• Assist in evaluation of the responses to the CFT and in preparation of the Recommendation To Award (RTA) for the SPS Contract.
• Assist in the resolution of technical and execution related queries from both the BE Contractor and Company teams. Review proposed deviations and give recommendation for project management approval.
• Review and evaluation of BE Contractor documentation within the prescribed period.
• Organise and / or represent Company for System Engineering related matters in meetings with the BE Contractor, Company Project Teams and Corporate entities.
• Education: Professional engineer.
• Qualification: >10 years experience in Subsea Production Systems and / or a discipline of SPS. Demonstrable knowledge of intra SPS discipline interfaces. Previous experience of Company / Operator Representation during FEED / BE Studies is an advantage.
• Mobility: initial placement is in Lagos, Nigeria at Basic Engineering Contractor location with the potential for international trips.
• Language: English fluent.
Qualified candidates should send CVs to email@example.com