Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Technical lead for development and management of accountability structures and systems across the country program.
- The role is responsible for ensuring fully embedded practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to children within the country program, via capacity building, championing and supporting Implementation.
Key Areas of Accountability
Set-up the management of Accountability structure:
- Develop accountability framework structure for country programmes
- Develop benchmark/indictor to monitor accountability across programmes
- Provide extensive capacity building for staff and representatives on concept of accountability
- Foster an environment of innovation and creativity in community participation especially child participation
- Ensure accountability plans are developed and well coordinated with project staff.
Management of Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM):
- Provide technical support to project team on implementation of CRM across all programmes
- Ensure development of CRM plan for programmes
- Ensure complaints are correctly lodged into the Central CRM database
- Manage toll free number and other means of CRM and ensure all CRMs (hotline, complain box, hoarding board) are functional at State, LGA and community levels
- Manage Complaints and Response Mechanism Central Database; aggregate complaints/feedbacks from field level databases into the central complaints database.
- Periodic supervision of all CRM personnel to ensure complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner and beneficiaries are communicated with the in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
- Support MEAL Coordinators/Accountability focal points conduct quarterly survey for Complaints Satisfaction Assessment
- Provide CRM Report on a quarterly basis to Head of MEAL for dissemination to SMT
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices and share with relevant stakeholders.
Coordination with program team:
- Provide timely reminder to the concerned program staffs for the completion of actions agreed in the action plan tracker related to CRM.
- Ensure that Program Staff handle complaints as per CRM Design specifications and are sharing the information with team members
- Facilitating in holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities regarding CRM.
- Support Program Team and Verification and Investigation Committee for verification of complaints registered & Ensure the timely resolution of the complaints & completion of CRM database.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in related field and 5 years of professional experience. Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Very good listening and facilitation skills - capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants, children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Ability to mobilise people - to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in Save the Children’s ways of working
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of donors and organisational management but critically also to beneficiaries.
- Fluency in Hausa language, spoken and written
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on savethechildrenng.simplicant.com to apply