Sales Vacancy at BASF
Posted on: 24 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at BASF The Chemical Company
BASF - We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division Europe includes Africa, Middle East as well as Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the region Europe is our most important market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
What you can expect:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the marketing and sales of the Company’s products, optimizing market share and profit margins, and ensuring that the commercial interests of the BASF Mining Solutions Group are supported and grown across the West Africa region. To achieve this, core tasks will include:
- Analyzing West African market potentials/ conduct market surveys for allocated portfolio (SLS-Flocculants)
- Propose business models and route-to-market concept for the allocated portfolio in order to win business in West Africa.
- Develop a market / competitor database for allocated portfolio and feed into Regional Marketing Team.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships and actively develop success business opportunities in the West African region whilst staying abreast of changes in and /or new development in product demand in West Africa.
- Coordinate and support the technical team during onsite test work and plant trials.
- Manage customer portfolio, commercial and technical negotiations, tender participation, technical consultation, cooperation with plants, R&D institutes, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Accurate on time reporting (e.g. monthly report, forecasts, market data, visit reports, opportunity pipeline, etc.)
- Interaction and cooperation with relevant internal interfaces / service units.
What we expect:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Proven track record of 3 - 5 years working experience within the Hydrometallurgy industry is essential.
- Candidates must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Working knowledge of liquid / solid separation and flocculation processes and equipment required.
- Knowledge of main technical processes and equipment for mining industry.
- Related Lab work skills and experience required.
- Willingness and ability to travel is essential.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about BASF The Chemical CompanySimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Integrated Corporate Services Limited
- General Ledger Accountant at a Leading Multi-national Manufacturing Company - Stresert Services Limited
- Jobs at Hayat Kimya Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Manager at a Large Manufacturing Company - Fadac Resources
- Latest Job Opportunities at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Gradaute and Experienced Vacancies at FEMACK Food Processing
- Latest Jobs at Fumman Chemicals
- Group Project Engineers at a Manufacturing Company - Michael Stevens Consulting