Manager Contracts and Procurement in an Oil and Gas Company
• Assist, advise and oversee the activities of the contract engineers in charge of the administration of project contracts and purchase orders and various other technical contracts (e.g. technical assistance and service contracts)
• Organize the workload within the contracts team in order to meet critical deadlines and priorities
• Participate in the recruitment of Contracts personnel in line with approved manpower profiles
• Supervise, coach and appraise less senior members of the Contracts Team.
• Coordinate and ensure coherency and interfaces with the Procurement team
Procedures and Processes
• Establish all necessary contracts procedures
• Ensure tender processes are in compliance with Project procedures and in particular the relevant rules for tendering contracts in Nigeria
• Develop standard forms and templates where appropriate
• Follow the market in an active way, gather and use information received to the Project advantage.
• Act as the liaison point with company appointed representatives and specialists from legal, insurance, finance, tax and customs for contracts matters.
• Provide specialist contractual, commercial and administrative advice to the Project General Manager, Project Control Manager and Package Managers as required.
• Prepare internal reporting on contracts activities as required including a tracking system for each contract from pre-qualification till contract award
• Coordinate activities as necessary with other Company entities
Tendering and Award
• Participate in the development of suitable contractual strategies
• In connection with the Package Managers, coordinate and organize the preparation of all bids process documents (evaluation tables, ITT, RTA, etc..) by the duets and ensure that they meet the required standard of quality
• Assist the contract engineers in defining negotiation strategies with suppliers and participate directly in negotiations as and when required
• Coordinate the compilation of bid analysis documentation to ensure tenders and proposals are objectively evaluated, recommend and contracts awarded.
• Coordinate and organize the preparation and execution of agreed contractual documentation.
• Provide continuous support to the budget contract owner regarding the administration of contracts, and the preparation of change orders, contract amendments, issuance of certificates and preparation of the close-out dossiers
• Participate in the settlement of any legal or commercial disputes and claims.
• Coordinate preparation of contract closeout documentation for each contract in line with Company procedures
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Law or Engineering, ideally with a post-graduate qualification in a complementary area
• 15 years practical experience in preparation and negotiation of complex technical contracts, preferably in the in the offshore oil and gas industry
• Thorough knowledge required of complex standard contracts in use
• Understanding of the specific market relating to the domain in which the job-holder operates
• In depth knowledge and understanding of commercial, insurance and legal issues affecting the Company
• Demonstrable understanding of the technologies existing within an oil and gas operator
Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified personnels should apply