Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results
We build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels
We are committed to excellence, service & integrity.
To deliver an independent, effective and efficient internal audit service to the organisation. To direct and lead the planning and conduct of operational, financial and compliance audits of the organisation with selected policies, procedures and regulations to evaluate and improve efficiency, promote good corporate governance towards achieving the organisation’s mission and vision. Provide an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls set up by management to help run the organization and recommending relevant change on areas requiring improvement
- Participate in the development of the organisation’s overall strategic goals and ensure that these are cascaded to the Internal Audit department.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Internal Audit department’s strategy ensuring it aligns with the organisation’s corporate strategy and business goals.
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Provide overall leadership and direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Continually review and implement improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the department.
- Oversee the continuous review of the business and operational risks facing the organisation in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/ frameworks.
- Coordinate with the risk management function to ensure acceptable risk and adequate mitigants are in place.
- Provide inputs and be proactively involved in the development of the business continuity plan.
- Develop and implement an annual internal audit plan and ensure compliance with approved plans.
- Establish and communicate the scope and objectives for internal audits to the appropriate groups/departments within the organisation
- Identify control weaknesses/issues and proffer appropriate recommendations based on outcome of the audits.
- Follow-up and champion the implementation of audit recommendations.
QUALITY ASSURANCE/ COMPLIANCE
- Monitor organisation-wide compliance with internal operational procedures.
- Facilitate the review and identification of deviations from established operational policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements across all the organisation departments and provide recommendations/remediation actions as appropriate.
- Drive the standardisation of control processes and practices as well as the application of relevant control tools and techniques within the organisation.
- Oversee the execution of conduct spot checks/ risk-based sampling and testing approach on transactions and activities to evaluate adequacy of internal controls and efficiency /effectiveness of operations.
- Oversee performance analysis and review of key financial ratios and indicators (such as capital adequacy and reserve ratios) to ensure compliance with management’s established range/targets.
- Oversee the periodic review of completed audit work to ensure compliance with organisational and professional audit practices.
- Oversee the review of client credit files and ensure completeness of prerequisite/supporting documentations including letter of request, credit appraisal memo and appropriate authorisations and ensure that incomplete documentations are updated as required.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT/ ADVISORY
- Provide administrative support for external inspection/ audit activities.
- Act as secretary for the Board Audit Committee and serve on committees or cross-functional teams.
- Run investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organisation and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE AND TRENDS
- Keep abreast of industry trends, events, issues and developments to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update/revision.
- Stay abreast of developments in professional auditing standards and ensure necessary training and compliance.
SUPERVISORY, REPORTING AND OTHER DUTIES
- Ensure information dissemination and training of Internal Audit staff.
- Oversee the motivation and performance appraisal of all Internal Audit staff.
- Review and ratify the department’s activities, audit reports and make recommendations for improvement as required.
- Oversee the preparation of detailed reports of audit findings and provide recommendations to improve the internal control system, quality of processes and systems.
- Facilitate the documentation of periodic management and statutory reports as required:
- Fraud and forgery reports and circulate to banks, CBN and other financial institutions.
- Incident reports
- Confirmation reports for banks, customers, and external auditors.
- Act on behalf of, and perform any other duties as assigned by the MD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant field
- Professional qualification, such as ACCA, ACA,CPA or CFA
- At least 8 years of experience in Auditing in a large organisation or professional services firm, 3 years of which should be at manager level
- Deep awareness and understanding of Audit, Credit control and Risk management in the Merchant Banking /financial industry.
To ensure the efficacy of the organisation's Enterprise-wide Risk Management framework in identifying the Credit Market, Operational, Asset and Liability Management and Environmental and Social Risks inherent in the Bank's business, and ensuring that these risks are effectively mitigated, managed and monitored, in a constantly changing business environment, in order to avoid losses.
STRATEGY & POLICY
- Implement an enterprise wide risk management framework, which enables the organisation to effectively identify, mitigate, manage and monitor risks across all its businesses.
- Design and document risk management policy processes and procedures in all key risk segments for approval by the Board Risk Management Committee, and ensure effective implementation.
- Ensure Business Continuity in the event of serious operational risk event or disaster through design and implementation of the organisation’s approved Business Continuity Plan
- Minimise losses through rigorous and timely identification of any deterioration in the risk profile of transactions, in order to ensure effective transaction restructuring and effective recovery of impaired assets.
- Design and implement the organisation 's approved Environmental and Social Risk Management Policy: perform functions as the organisation 's designated Environmental and Social Risk Manager.
- Work with Executive Management Committee (EXCO) colleagues in order to ensure the organisation’s international credit risk rating maintained or improved, the current financial year's budget is achieved (including earnings targets) and that the periodic rolling plan is fulfilled.
- Ensure that potential or actual risk management policy lapses or breaches are identified and that corrective action is taken in a timely fashion, and without loss.
ASSURANCE & STANDARDS
- Ensure effective investment and loan portfolio management through design and implementation of effective portfolio management processes and procedures, and for each of the Bank's Strategic Sectors and Geographies.
- Ensure diligent risk management on all existing and future investment credit and other exposures across all the organisation 's businesses.
- Review all Early and Final Investment Memoranda generated by the business origination units for approval by Board risk Management Committee (the Board of Directors) or within delegated Management Authority in order to provide risk factor input and in order to document all risk issues and concerns, and to sign off on Final Investment Memoranda if appropriate.
- Work with Treasury and Finance Departments, in order to ensure appropriate risk management of the organisation’s asset and liabilities, Treasury Investment Portfolio and its Liquidity and Capital Adequacy.
- Ensure that valuations of all the organisation 's equity investments are appropriate, and to make recommendations in respect of increased value or value impaired investments.
- Work with the organisation 's Internal Audit in order to ensure that its internal control regime is robust and sufficient.
- Ensure that the organisation 's Treasury and Risk Management IT platform is sufficiently robust to ensure effective risk management of Equity investments and Debt portfolio.
- Effectively manage the restructuring of remedial credit exposures in order to minimise impairment provisions (and losses) and in order to maximise recoveries
MANAGEMENT REPORTING & ADVICE
- Ensure generation of risk status reports in market credit and operational risk segments, on a daily, monthly or quarterly basis, as appropriate.
- Research and report global or local business trends that may adversely affect the conduct of the Bank's business.
COMPLIANCE & MONITORING
- As Chief Risk Officer, ensure that the organisation is in full compliance with international and local Law and Regulation concerning Anti Money Laundering (AML), Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC), Know Your Customer (KYC) and other compliance requirements or regulations relevant to the organisation 's business.
- Work with the organisation’s General Counsel in order to ensure that risk to THE ORGANISATION's reputation is avoided, mitigated or managed.
- Design and document Compliance policies, processes and procedures in all key risk segments for approval by the Board Audit Committee and ensure effective implementation.
- Chair the Risk Management Committee and provide regular reports to the Executive Committee (EXCO) on risk events and risk related issues.
- Chair the Valuations and Provisions Committee in preparing recommendations concerning Fair Value adjustments in respect of the Bank’s equity investments for EXCO's review and recommendation to Board Risk Committee for approval.
- Provide business leads to business origination units.
- Vice Chair the organisation 's Procurement Committee, in order to ensure adherence to its procurement policies, processes and procedures.
PEOPLE & ORGANISATION MANAGEMENT
- Effectively lead and supervise the Risk Management unit.
- Embed a strong compliance and risk management culture within the Bank through design, implementation and supervision (together with Human Resources) of internal risk and compliance related training and development plans.
- First (BA/BSc) and Second Degree (MBA or MA/MSc).
- Minimum 18 years’ banking experience
- Deep awareness and understanding of risk management issues in the Merchant Banking /financial industry.
- Knowledge of international risk management benchmarking (Basel 2 and 3) and international best practice.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.