Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- To support implementation of FSL component of project for FFP.
The post holder will receive a context specific ToR for each deployment, which will draw upon the responsibilities outlined below.
Programme Support (typically will be at field level):
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination with the FSL response lead and other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
- With support from the FFP DPM and/or other senior programme staff, develop project plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall project implementation.
- With support from the lead FFP DPM and/or other senior programme staff, support with inputs in development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- With the support of FFP DPM, support project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Working closely with the FFP DPM and/or other senior programme staff, support timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Working closely EYN partners, Field Manager and the lead FFP DPM and/or other senior programme staff, with the HR team, help in the identification and recruitment of community mobilisers and/or project volunteers
- With support from the FFP DPM and/or other senior programme staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the FSL projects, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Field manager or FFP DPM.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children's work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
Qualifications & Experience
- Substantial experience of working in FSL, including prior internationally based experience
- Education to BSc/BA level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of project management and implementation
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Knowledge of EMMA and market analysis tools
- Familiarity with FSL and nutrition surveys
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Knowledge of consortia working
- Experience in gender mainstreaming within FSL programming.
- To develop and deliver innovative campaigning projects that support Save the Children’s strategic campaigning objectives. To provide strategic campaigning and advocacy guidance and support for Save the Children programme staff.
Key Areas of Accountability
- To lead on the development and implementation of campaigning projects that are engaging, impactful and deliver our strategic objectives.
- To make a significant contribution to the development and delivery of Save the Children’s campaigning strategies.
- To advise and support the planning and delivery of national campaign and advocacy strategies in key states, as well as global campaigns.
- To support Save the Children to develop strong civil society engagement and the building of social movements for change at national and state level
- To support the development of strong relationships with key campaigning partners and coalitions.
- To advise on budget requirements, operate within the budget available and manage budgets, as required.
- Actively maintain positive working relationships outside of your role, across the organisation and with key national staff.
- Undertake extra duties and special projects, as required.
- To support Save the Children’s corporate objectives, including the priority issues, brand building, generation of funds and putting children at the heart of the Department’s work.
Essential Skills Requirement
- Post-graduate qualification from a reputable University/institution
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Photo shop.
- Experience of working on campaign in the past at National and sub-national levels
- Knowledge of conflict and emergency issues.
- Experience of undertaking campaigning and advocacy activities in-country with global influence.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2016.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.