NERI Nigeria - A Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Location of Position: Diffa, Niger & Maiduguri, Borno
Position Start Date: Immediately
The STTA Regional Program Liaison (RPL) will work to create synergy between the USAID/OTI programs in Niger (NCCI) and Nigeria (NERI), identifying and proposing NERI-funded activities that span the border, or separately-funded activities that operate simultaneously on either side of the border. Activities will likely be themed around media (specifically the extension of the Kanuri-language Dandal Kura), engagement with Nigerian refugees in Diffa and relations between refugees and their host communities, and countering/preventing violent extremist narratives amongst youth.
The RPL will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), radio stations, universities and NCCI & NERI teams. S/he will work with these groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary oversight for ongoing cross-border activities. This position will be based in Diffa, Niger with frequent travel to Borno, Nigeria. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for the STTA in Diffa. Other allowances will be governed by Creative/NERI’s operational policies.
Reporting & Supervision:
The STTA RPL reports to the Program Development Manager for Borno. S/he will provide situational reports, ideas and ad hoc reporting to the management teams for both NERI and NCCI programs.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Along with NCCI staff, identify a strategy to maximize Dandal Kura’s reach into Kanuri-speaking populations in Niger. Connect ANFANI Radio with Dandal Kura and other Nigerian media outlets for joint projects and content-exchange. Support networking between local radios and Dandal Kura, explore any training or sensitization opportunities if/when necessary.
- Along with NCCI staff, facilitate cooperation between universities in Diffa and Borno on youth engagement and C/PVE.
- Along with NCCI staff, facilitate cooperation between local government agencies in Diffa and Borno on cross-border movement, trade and security.
- Identify potential activities for NERI and NCCI support that either span or function on both sides of the border, working in conjunction with the Borno State Program Manager (SPM) and NCCI Diffa Field Coordinator to develop project ideas for YL/GL submission by either program.
- Monitor and report on routine program activities and scheduled program events, presenting activity summaries to both program teams.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and activity closing.
- Attend focus groups, discussions and meetings to derive lessons learned to inform future project strategy.
- Facilitate any additional linkages between communities and organizations either side of the border, as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
- University degree in political science, international affairs or other related social sciences field is required.
- Three years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment.
- Ability to travel independently between Borno and Diffa.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Fluency in Kanuri and French is preferred.
Method of Application
A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND A cover letter should be sent To following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.