Our client is an Engineering Turnkey organization; servicing mostly the Telecommunication and Oil & Gas organizations.
The role is the first point of contact for all employee related issues. The job holder will develop policies, directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as resource planning and employment, compensation, labour relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties.
- Guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company.
- Development of an overall HR business plan with measurable objectives and a budget.
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan.
- Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date; create/review JDs as and when necessary.
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way.
- Overall talent management strategy and implementation including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development; performance planning, management development and improvement; and succession planning.
- Organization development, change management initiatives, and company-wide culture and environment at work for employees.
- Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Oversee employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Responsible for community outreach and the organizations communication.
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline.
- Manage external executive recruiting agencies, employment agencies, recruiters, and temporary staffing agencies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all human resources efforts both financially and in terms of whether they produced the company’s needed objectives and outcomes.
- Any other duty of similar HR responsibilities.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics:
- HR Manager level – must be comfortable working in a standalone environment
- Can establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Act as a role model for the organisation looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Commercial acumen – has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Results-focused – understands what is important to staff, clients and management – is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organisation
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
- Masters Degree in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred.
- CIPD/CIPM qualification is a must.
- 12-15 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in a similar industry.
Method of Application
- Salary range for the role is between N 4,500,000 – N 6,000,000/ annum
- Qualified applicants’ should forward updated CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘HR-440’ as subject of mail before 31st October, 2016. Wrongly titled applicants will not be considered, please be guided.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale