Agricultural Job at AgriSeedCo Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 18 October, 2016
Deadline: 21 October, 2016
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Saro Agrosciences Limited
AgriSeedCo Nigeria Limited, a joint venture between Seed West Africa Limited (a subsidiary of Seed CO International Limited, a public listed Company incorporated in Zimbabwe and quoted on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange), a leading producer and marketer of certified seeds in Africa and Saro AgroSciences Limited a leading Nigeria Agro Input provider and marketer, this Joint venture a new entrant to the Nigeria seed industry was incorporated in Nigeria under the name AgriSeed Co Nigeria Limited in 2013.
In response to the current efforts of the Federal Government of Nigeria to boost Agricultural Productivity, create employment opportunities, enhance rural farmers income and food security, the company is at the forefront of making available high yielding disease resistant maize hybrids that is transforming the agricultural landscape and fortune of the country in conjunction with her collaborating partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- In close consultation with the Seed Co West Africa (SCOWA) business unit and global maize breeding lead, the maize breeder will implement the maize breeding strategy for Tropical Lowland/ West and Central Africa. And also be called upon to support seed production, extension and marketing functions in the SBUs of the SC group across Africa.
- The objectives will be achieved by generating and developing a pipeline of yellow maize inbred lines and making hybrid combinations for advancement and release in the tropical lowland environments in western and central Africa. This entails assessment of introductions, implementation of crossing plans, selection schemes and establishing the product testing network in target regions of product deployment.
- At least a MSc in Plant Breeding, A PhD will be an advantage; Computer literacy
- Ability to work both in a diverse research team and independently is crucial
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a maize breeding programme
- Knowledge of tropical lowland germplasm and product requirements will be an added advantage
- Data analysis and result presentation
- Communication skills are essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and brief profile electronically using their location & position applied for as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Note: Kindly use job title and location as mail subject.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Saro Agrosciences LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at the Candel Company Limited
- Job Openings at Saro Lifecare
- Farm Managers at Willers Solutions
- Job Openings at Saroafrica International Limited
- Job Openings at a Leading Agro-Allied Company - Elbeo Limited
- Sales Representatives at Syngenta Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Job Opportunities at The Candel Company Limited