If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty.
A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities. TechnoServe has earned a 4-star rating from independent evaluator Charity Navigator for the last 10 years, placing us in the top 1 percent of all its rated nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Regional Program Director (RPD) will lead the overall implementation and management of the Food Fortification Program.
- This includes providing oversight for regional and country-level activities, working closely with international, regional, and country-level businesses and partners on food fortification activities, and collaborating with host-country governments on policies related to food safety and fortification.
- In addition, the RPD will be responsible for representation of the program to the donor and ensuring that the project meets objectives and aligns with country-level work plans and targets.
Oversee implementation and management of the Food Fortification Program:
- Accountable for program delivery: activities and outputs toward achievement of targeted outcomes and goals
- Serve as technical lead for food fortification and food safety activities in Nigeria
- Serve as primary liaison with program stakeholders (government institutions, other implementing agencies, businesses)
- Set annual targets, develop and execute annual work plans, implement M&E plan, lead course correction if needed
- Report to donor and TechnoServe on program progress
- Manage country and regional teams, including a regional management unit to oversee M&E, project finance and operations. Manage project to budget with robust planning and monitoring, including gender integration
- Represent program at local and regional stakeholder level
Facilitate alignment, coordination and knowledge sharing with other programs and local stakeholders:
- Represent Food Fortification program at local and regional stakeholder level—governments, institutions, other programs, etc.
- Foster alignment, coordination and shared learnings with stakeholders
- Liaise with Country Managers on contributions towards broader activities – lessons, best practices, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in Food, Nutrition, Business Administration or other relevant field
- At least 10 years relevant project management experience
- Industry experience in fortification, nutrition or the processing of food
- Experience living and working in sub-Saharan Africa, regional program experience preferred
- Strong market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker
- Experience leading and managing high caliber multicultural teams, preferably some experience with managing remotely
- Experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary, and challenging field operations in developing countries, Africa preferred
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, consensus building, and coordination of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to represent the program and work at the executive level with ministerial bodies, CEOs and agency directors to build consensus, coordinate efforts and drive the program agenda at the highest level
- Experience working on donor-funded projects preferred
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Demonstrated capacity to produce high quality reports and proposals
- Previous successful experience mentoring and building capacity of staff, results driven
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to TechnoServe career website on technoserve.csod.com to apply