Stakeholder Democracy Network is an international non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights-based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it supports the communities most impacted by oil exploitation and the challenges of resource curse.
SDN has five pillar issues that represent significant long held grievances and acute problems that we are trying to resolve. These are: Access to Energy, Democratisation, Environment, Resilient Communities, and Resource Governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Reporting To: Executive Director, based in London
- To lead and take full ownership for project and strategy implementation of SDN in the Niger Delta.
- This role will require a strong emphasis on internal capacity building; the management, leadership and development of a large team; and representing SDN to external stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Organisation Structure and Process Design 30%
- Strategy and Programme Development 20%
- Programme Implementation 20%
- External Relations and Communications 20%
- Fundraising 10%
Organisation Structure and Process Design:
- Promote effective governance processes and attract potential new members of SDN
- Implement an effective employee structure and project allocation process for the Nigeria office
- Direct and oversee the employee review and appraisal process for the Nigeria office
- Direct and oversee the PMEL process to ensure it is consistently and thoroughly adopted across all projects
- Support the implementation of financial policies, procedures and internal control structures whilst ensuring these are strictly adhered to throughout the organisation to maintain financial and legal integrity
- Liaise with the Finance & Admin department to prepare and review annual and project budgets
Strategy and Programme Development:
- Support the design and lead the implementation SDN’s mission and vision in the Niger Delta
- Oversee regular analysis of political and security developments and themes in the Niger Delta
- Lead the development and deepening of SDN’s understanding of its focus areas and methods
- Coordinate internal and external discussions on stability and development in the Niger Delta
- Lead and direct the process of planning, development and implementation of projects
- Oversee the development and implementation of research and data collection processes
- Oversee the analysis, review and final output process for all project reporting
- Lead the monthly internal review process of project implementation
- Review, critique, edit and approve project reporting and outputs
External Relations and Communications:
- Lead SDN’s high-level engagement with key stakeholders in the Niger Delta
- Identify, build and leverage relationships that are key to promoting stability and development in the Niger Delta
- Direct the development of appropriate strategies for advocacy with key SDN partners
- Contribute towards the SDN external communications process by writing articles for the website and email distribution
- Direct fundraising activities to ensure they fit with SDN’s vision and mission in the Niger Delta
- Ensure that fundraising meets the operational and financial requirements of the organisation
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letters and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as soon as possible due it being a rolling recruitment process for this role.
Note: Your application will be reviewed but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.