Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading indigenous not-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nigeria in 1989 in response to the health and social needs of the disadvantaged groups in rural and urban communities. ARFH is committed to improving the quality of the life of people in Nigeria and elsewhere in sub-Sahara Africa. Since its inception, ARFH has consistently responded to the public health challenges including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, maternal mortality and morbidity and sexual and reproductive health of Nigerians.
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a national, not-for-profit, non-governmental organization with the mission to initiate, promote and implement in partnership with other organizations, sustainable sexual and reproductive and family health and other contemporary public health information and services for adults and youths. Our vision is enhanced quality of life including reproductive health and rights of individuals and communities in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for positions in a United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) project.
Position: State Program Associates (3 positions); Locations: Adamawa, Yobe and Borno States. Reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate and facilitate RH/FP service delivery (quality and systems strengthening) and other related activities in project anchor sites and respective satellite sites.
- Liaise with State RH/FP team and other relevant government representatives (LGA health team) to facilitate quality improvement/health system strengthening activities
- Collaborate with local partners and facilitate review meetings, addressing gaps, etc. among FP service providers
- Prepare and submit detailed progress reports on project activities on monthly quarterly, bi-annual or annual basis to the project coordinator
- Developing innovative strategies to strengthen the effectiveness and quality of service provision in their areas of assigned responsibility
- Proactively and efficiently managing the implementation of the project activities within their states of assignment
- Ensure the prudent use of funds in the implementation of project activities as set out in the project plan
- Participating in development, management and review of program activities of Supervisors and Voluntary Health Agents
- Liaise with other PHCDA, UNFPA, CAMP officials, Host Communities and other state/community partners in state
- Monitoring and evaluating progress of initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Undertaking daily visits to project IDP camps to ensure continuing service delivery by community-based agents
- Conducting advocacy to different stakeholders in the state
- Mentor and Support Supervisors and Voluntary Health agents on service delivery and data collection.
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the project coordinator
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Nursing, or Registered Nurse/Midwife, Degree in Medicine or related field
- Possession of a master degree in Health or Social work will be an advantage, with at least 2 years experience on donor-funded family planning project in North-East Nigeria
- Good knowledge of national health programs, health system, NGOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with stakeholders at all levels
- Must possess hands-on experience in Family Planning Service Delivery.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must possess effective community mobilization skills
- Must be resident in the states that they are applying to work in
- Ready to and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise of sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and the local dialect(s) of the states and localities they would be working in.
- Ability to use Microsoft Words, Excel and Power-point packages
Method of Application
All Applicants should title their applications according to their preferred location/State, desired positions and their surnames, e.g. Adamawa – Program Officer – Musa Bola Obi.
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 19th October, 2016. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.