Finance Careers at Universal Careers
Posted on: 17 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Universal Careers
Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Reports to: Head of Finance Africa
Subordinates: Accounting, Reporting, Budgeting & IS
Ensure that all financial and accounting activities are efficiently carried out and conform to National & International legal regulations as well as accounting standards. Reports and monitor the financial status on a regular basis, according to guidelines and requirements provided by HO. Ensure that all IT needs are timely satisfied and that effective IT solutions that improve operational efficiency are provided.
- · Manage and control the financial activities in order to ensure conformity with company guidelines, National and International Legal regulations and accounting standards.
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget proposal, facilitate the Operational and financial commitments of the plant by monitoring the results and proposing corrective action whenever needed.
- Prepare monthly reports including profitability analysis, KPI reports, consolidated P&L.
- Analyze Financial Performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Analyze current and Past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue,cost of sales ,expenses and capital expenditures. Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis to support department managers.
- Identify, investigate, and analyse potential operational improvement. Propose operational changes ( Policy, procedures, processes etc )
- Manage and approve the cash-flow projections and prepare proposals for minimization of financial risks.
- Monitor the financial agreements with customers and suppliers in order to ensure compliance with the existing contracts and group policies.
- Partner with Production, SC, Sales and Customer Service in determining Financial Impact due to Product cost reductions, new product roll out etc and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Ensure the provision, proper operation & maintenance of IT System solutions so as to offer the necessary operating tools to the organisation.
- Ensure that technical support is provided to all users at all times by the responsible IT Staff.
- Develop Knowledge of the political, technical and economic particularities affecting the business of own area. Develop and maintain good relationships with local financial institutions.
- Manage and Develop direct reporting staff aiming at boosting performance with stretching assignments and carefully planned development activities.
- Keep abreast of developments and implement best practices; build upon existing knowledge, methods and systems.
KPI’s – Performance
- Staff directly supervised
- Staff indirectly supervised
- Department operating expenses
- IT capex
- Department’s budget
- B.Sc. in Finance
- M.Sc. in Finance or MBA
- Proficient user of the English language
- IT systems basic knowledge
- 5-7 years of relevant experience (Preferably in a multinational environment)
- Experience with Operations preferred
- Local tax legislation knowledge
- Experience of working with ERP systems. Knowledge of Navision will be considered as plus
- Knowledge of IFRS will be considered as plus
Competencies – Skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Highly organised
- Effective communication
- Team and integrated working
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Sound business and professional ethics
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Universal Careers career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Universal CareersSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- SABmiller Plc Latest Recruitment
- Graphic Design and Social Media Intern at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Facilities Officer at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
- Personal Assistant at JMG Limited
- Finance and Accounting Intern Recruitment at Procter & Gamble
- Latest Recruitment at SABMiller
- Furniture Sales Manager at WowJobs