If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Winrock International is seeking a consultant to provide training and capacity building for Energy Auditing and Management. The project is focused on the development and financing of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) markets; strengthening of the current policy and regulatory environment for public and private sector investment; and development and enhancement of the capacity of key stakeholders, including financial institutions, RE and EE firms, agribusinesses and health care facilities, universities and vocational institutes, and government.
Job ID: #1736556
The consultant will provide training and capacity building services in support of Winrock’s collaboration with GIZ for the Nigerian Energy Support Platform. The Consultant will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and providing inputs and detailed comments on Energy Audit and Management training materials (already developed) at agreed upon deadlines
- Preparation for the delivery of training materials to a target audience
- Delivery of 20-day training located in Nigeria
- Other tasks, as necessary
- The consultant will be provided all training materials that have been developed by Winrock and GIZ on Energy Audit and Management. The consultant will:
- Review all materials provided
- Provide inputs, comments and detailed feedback on the appropriateness of the training curricula and materials
- Work with other training partners on any needed revisions of the materials
- The consultant will adequately prepare to deliver training in advance of the agreed upon travel date
- The consultant will travel to Nigeria to deliver the20-day workshop style training to local technical stakeholders
- The consultant will provide notes and a brief final report on consultancy.
- The assignment will be a combination of both desk research and field implementation conducted in Nigeria. Travel within Nigeria for a 4 week period is envisaged.
Seeking an engineer, preferably electrical, mechanical or industrial with:
- 12 years of experience as an energy efficiency practitioner in technical advisory roles
- Demonstrated abilities and track record in energy audits under use of related assessment tools, extending to documentation with proficiency in the following areas:
- ISO 50001, 50002
- Management cycle and audit process
- Application of related concepts, methods
- Assessment of industrial thermal and electrical processes
- Assessment of and building facilities
- Process performance assessment
- Monitoring and verification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work at the highest ethical standards at all times
- Experience in training delivery and/or training material development
- Developing country experience in the context of energy management
- Experience with USAID and/or other international program management will be an added advantage.
- A professional qualification is desirable.
- High Information Technology literacy.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
The duration of the engagement is for a 6 week period, beginning January 1, 2017. The consultant will be compensated for up to 30 days of LOE over the contract. It is expected that the consultant will spend 5-7 days reviewing and commenting on the training materials, 20 days traveling and conducting the training, and 2 day collecting notes and finalizing the terminal report.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Winrock International career website on www.appone.com to apply