Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: HOT03BPQ
Employment Type: Full-time
- An IT Technician (Contract) will be responsible for the day-to-day support of IT systems for business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As an IT Technician (Contract), you will support the IT Department in its efforts to ensure the quality and delivery of IT systems for both the hotel and its Guests. These efforts will be fulfilled timely, within budget, and in accordance with IT operating standards. Specifically, the IT Technician will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide day-to-day support for all internal hotel IT systems and users, minimizing any system outages
- Record all issues that arise and advise the IT Manager of any issues that need further attention
- Recommend system improvements to the IT Manager
- Communicate with the hotel Business Center Team to respond to any Guest-related IT requirements
- Maintain a tracking system of all repairs, routine maintenance, and special service requests for all technology equipment.
- Responsible for performing Technology Services asset management and inventory of equipment and software.
- end-user (external guest and internal guest) support / training for hardware and software issues.
- Assist Information Technology Manager in his duties in compliance with Hilton Worldwide Standards.
- Perform all installations, set-ups, and breakdown of Audio Visual, Communications, Networking, and IT equipment in Meeting Rooms, Guest Rooms and hotel work areas.
What are we looking for?
IT Technicians (Contract) serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A thorough knowledge of operating systems, software, hardware and networking
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Previous IT experience, preferably in the hotel, leisure, and/or service sector
- Experience of all Microsoft systems
- Experience of hotel applications, such as Fidelio and Micros, preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current technical skills and knowledge of technology
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hilton Worldwide career website on jobs.hiltonworldwide.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale