Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
The company also builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software.
Engineered Systems SALES SPECIALIST FOR Nigeria and West Africa (English Speaking)
To achieve and grow the total Engineered Systems hardware and software revenue, developing a sustainable business and leveraging all available channels to market. Acting as an advocate and evangelist for Engineered Systems internally and externally. Being a source of the business proposition and sales strategy knowledge for a designated Oracle product area. Disseminating and sharing knowledge and expertise extensively xlob, xpartner and xcustomer. Ensuring that development, product and delivery considerations do not impede Engineered Systems sales.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Engineered Systems Sales in Nigeria and West Africa (English Speaking).
- Works towards an allocated Hardware and Software booking and revenue target
- Works across Sales, OD, DemGen and A&C organizations
- Acting as a point of contact for Engineered Systems
- Being a source of business proposition and sales strategy knowledge for Engineered Systems.
- Driving sales through the entire sales cycle, from demand generation programs through to closed business and Partners’ and Customers’ references
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the Engineered Systems market and identifying and prioritizing the key opportunities for Oracle in that market
- Implementing the Engineered Systems Business Plan. Working as necessary with development, production and delivery teams and processes to expedite sales campaigns
- Actively develop personal knowledge of industry/market sector, Customers’ business challenges and the impact of potential future changes.
- Ensure this knowledge is continually shared with internal teams and external customers.
- High passion and energy
- Self motivater
- Strong business acumen selling solutions and communicating to “C” – level Executives (Partners and Customer)
- Understanding of IT and how they relate to current business challenges
- Understanding of solution sales cycle and a proven track record of successful solution selling
- Knowledge of the territory and experience selling to major accounts with and through Partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, highly organized
- Ability to translate Customer ‘needs’ into solutions with a high level of responsiveness, follow- through and execution of commitments.
- Strong leader, with a results-oriented attitude that overcomes barriers
- Understanding of Cloud Technology – Private and Hybrid
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
- Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory.
- Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market.
- Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities.
- Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility.
- Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees.
- May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions.
- Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 8 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space.
- Knowledge of key industry leaders and management.
- Knowledge of Oracle competition.
- Presentation and product demonstration experience.
- Previous consultative selling experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers.
- Travel may be needed.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ORACLE career website on oracle.taleo.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.