Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the "DCP Ecosystem".
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Location of Job (UNIT): Head Office (Technology & Innovation)
Reports to: Lead, Technology and Innovations
- Officer, Technology and Innovation work in the information and communication technology unit. Working towards the advancement of service development in information communication technology and systems’ automation.
Role and Task Complexities
- Constitute a configuration management team to undertake and implement technical tasks during projects for Discovery Cycle and its Subsidiaries
- Assist in performing daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of IT related resources
- Assist in the design and implementation of company/client-wide database system and perform regular backup operations and verifying data integrity.
- Assist in the development and deployment of all Online and Offline web-interfaces and pages for Discovery Cycle and its Subsidiaries as assigned by Team Lead and approved by Top Management.
- Implementing IT tools and management infrastructure as approved by Top Management.
- Undertake and implement IT and other technically related tasks as approved by Team Lead and Top Management at large.
- Coordinate technology services for the company
- Troubleshoot system hardware, software, networks and operating system management.
- Ensure industry standard quality control and project risk management on all completed projects
- Maintain knowledge base of emerging technologies - gather, input, write descriptions, maintain data integrity; promote and foster access to the knowledge base.
- Design, filter, implement, and document processes for management of emerging technology.
- Technology transfer: make connections between internal organizations, business needs, and technology offerings
- Train staff on current and emerging technology.
- Keep client informed on current and emerging technologies via news alert and reports
- Promote, incubate and explore innovative solutions.
- Creativity (Improvement/ Innovation inherent)
- Effectively re-engineer existing processes to reflect ideal consultancy industry standards.
- Significantly upgrades performance in line with the overall company strategy.
- Candidates must possess a Degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field. M.Sc. is an asset.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- The ability to multitask
- Good planning and time management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Decision-making skills
- Research skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Tactical and interpersonal
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Goal and quality oriented
- Applicants MUST meet all the specified conditions before applying.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidate must be resident in Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.