Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
Strategy Execution Consulting
Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Voices for Change (V4C) is a UK Aid funded, four-year program running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu) to deliver five outputs:
V4C is an enabling environment programme that is working in the three levels of self, society and formal institutions.
V4C is working towards changing social norms in three areas: Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG)
Women in decision-making; and
Women in leadership.
Interventions targeting social norm and behavior change in these areas feature across all 5 V4C outputs in varying degrees.
V4C is therefore desirous of engaging a staff at advisor level to lead on providing technical advice and in coordination of V4C?s interventions and responses to VAWG and related GEWE issues.
The person recruited would serve as subject matter expert and internal resource person on VAWG issues, providing technical advice to V4C?s planning, programming and staff, including on relevant national and international best practices and lessons learned in relation to VAWG prevention as well as response and support for victims.
To provide technical guidance to all components of programming that relates to VAWG?s including, strategy design and quality delivery, coordination and knowledge sharing to ensure effective delivery of the programme?s commitments on VAWG.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and delivery of strategies around VAWG?s overall;
- Responsible for ensuring V4C interventions are in tandem with popular principles/emerging trends/global best practices around SN & VAWG
- Distil useful evidence from research and other programmes working in this area on an ongoing basis, tailoring this specifically to V4C?s evidence needs.
- Lead V4C?s response to the AR findings and recommendations relating to VAWG
- Specifically, undertake an initial assessment of the Programme?s strengths and weakness in its approach to tackle VAWG; Identify recommendations and lead efforts to strengthen implementation impact per outcome and internal coordination on this.
- Support output leads in reviewing existing strategies and strengthening approaches including, but not limited to;
- O1 Support in the review and design of existing new initiatives/interventions on Purple Spaces (Purple Fusion/Purple Spaces/ Taking action)
- O1 Support the development and delivery of strategies to support young women to actively participate in nationwide campaigns and links to networks.
- O3 Review transformational approaches/conversations between V4C and key influencers around VAWG?s, ensuring best practice principles being followed, including participation at key events key influencers are leading
- O4 - Build capacity of purple volunteers and partners of She Impact community on VAWG and strategies to support prevention, social change and refer support to survivors
- O5 ? support to ensure research is in line with best practice principles relating to VAWG, where relevant
- Results - Lead on reviewing programme monitoring and evaluation tools through a VAWG lens, including the use of standard indicators, tools, resources and templates for documenting and monitoring VAWG related activities
- Support Communications approach on VAWG (O2 and across output)
- Review communication initiatives/products e.g. radio script, billboards, tv adverts relating to VAWG prevention and referral
- Support message development to inspire young people to change and challenge VAWG?s
- Participate actively in forums and online initiatives to generate debate and challenge harmful attitudes around VAWG?s as well as share knowledge
- Support development of content on VAWG?s for the purple site
- Collaborate with other DFID programmes, national partners, international partners and other safe space organisations.
- Lead on establishing a VAWG?s network to share learnings and seek joint programming opportunities, ensuring the network adds value and is a ?go to? resource for all programmes working on VAWG?s.
- Promote alliances between V4C, partners and relevant organizations on VAWG at national and international levels
- Organise or seek for partnerships with others development partners that organize yearly workshops to promote research outputs
Qualifications / Previous Experience
- Post Graduate Degree / Degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Political Science, Law, Journalism, Public Relations, Development or related discipline in the field of Humanities.
- Specialization in VAWG related fields or gender and human/women?s rights field valuable
- Experience of working on women?s rights/gender equality.
- Experience in social mobilization and communities? engagement, advocacy, research and/or communication on VAWG will be valued
- Strong analytical, report-writing and strategic planning skills and experience in conducting gender analyses on VAWG.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Design, implement and write results reports of programme activities
- Coordinate activities and provide overarching?
- Provide an effective administrative service to a small team, including:
- Maintaining an effective virtual and physical filing system.
- Monitoring and following up on requests.
- Planning and organising own work and activities.
- Coordinating the work of others.
- Draft work plans.
- Write progress reports.
- Develop tracking tools.
- Create budgets.
- Document and manage processes.
- Awareness of social media and active on at least 2 social media platforms.
- Familiarity with blogging and ability to contribute to V4C blogposts.
- Familiarity with online learning tools.
- Able to upload content to V4C website (training available).
Strong computer skills:
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point).
- In-depth knowledge of VAWG: governance issues, strategies for prevention and support of victims, national and international instruments and mechanisms of protection, concepts and methodologies for integration of the approach in development cooperation programs.
- Reasonable knowledge of governance issues.
- A good understanding of DFID work planning and monitoring and reporting requirements.
Project Overview and Role
Voices for Change (V4C) is a recently designed, UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu). V4C?s Vision is to be known and recognised for creating new ways to change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman and man achieves their full potential. V4C?s Mission is to inspire a generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young women to achieve their real potential. V4C will achieve this by:
Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
Getting the support of boys and men.
Removing formal and informal barriers, or
Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioural and legal change in Nigeria.
The Finance Officer, under the direction of the Finance and Administration Manager, will be responsible for supporting the implementation and management of all financial management systems to effectively manage finance within V4C.
Bookkeeping (General Ledger) and cashier notes:
- Support the process of completing requests for disbursements forms for all local expenditure and necessary approvals for cash / cheque payment vouchers for all local expenditure are obtained before payment is processed;
- Maintain filing structure of all processed and approved cash / cheque payment vouchers.
- Ensure funds expended are provided for in the monthly FTR.
- Financial Management of 4 State Offices Financial Transactions;
- Support the tracking of milestone payments to service providers;
- Conduct a retirement of Advances to the State Offices.
Assist in financial management / support the preparation of monthly financial statements:
- Support the preparation of NGVIZ returns (cashbooks) to Project Accounting for collating the monthly financial statements.
- Support the recode processing of incorrectly posted expenditure to the correct account code.
- Upload payment transactions on Zenith Internet Platform.
- Archive Monthly Financial Documents per V4C policy
- Maintain relationship with the bank.
Support the Finance and Administration Manager in coordinating the annual audit:
- Support the Finance & Admin Manager in coordinating the annual audit
- Support the process of ensuring that all the cash / cheque payment vouchers are supported by the relevant supporting documents and attend to all Auditors correspondence / queries.
- Upload the Monthly Asset Register
Support the Finance and Administrative Manager in capturing VFM Data:
- Support the process of introducing and establishing systems and processes to capture VFM;
- Lead the VFM tracking under the FAM supervision;
- Support the robust integration of VFM data capture for monthly report;
- Support the allocation of man hours per Timesheet.
- Other duties assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Support the monthly internal auditing of V4Cs cash and bank transactions;
- Support the implementation and establishment of internal control systems.
- Collate the Operations Monthly Forecast
- Support the process of evaluation of Service Providers Per GRM Template
- Weekly NGVIZ cash book excel workbook to FAM;
- Monthly Management Letter (ML) from monthly Internal Auditing to FAM;
- Provision of regular update to FAM for Management decision making and running of the programme.
- Monthly Asset Register Per DFID Report.
- Monthly Operations Costed Work Plan/FTR
- Co-ordinate statutory remittance for the state Offices
- Other support as assigned by the Grants & Compliance Manager and agreed by the Finance Manager.
- Qualifications and / or Experience:
- A graduate degree in Finance or related field.
- 3 to 5 years? experience working in the field of Finance
- Team spirit
- Skills in paying attention to details
- Technological Awareness
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Following up Partner Performance
- Project Financial Reporting and Review
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.