Job Opening at SMEC
Posted on: 12 October, 2016
Deadline: 30 October, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at SMEC Holdings
SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world's top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Excellent opportunity to become a valued member of SMEC's multidisciplinary team
- Outstanding career prospectsSMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
- Manages, guides, and directs project teams and activities to achieve efficient, cost-effective, timely, and high quality delivery of consultancy assignments around Africa.
- Performs the role of Project Manager / Team Leader and technical expert on projects as needed
- Assists with preparation of high quality winning proposals
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with existing and potential clients and funding agencies
- Prepares and / or reviews project technical reports and other outputs with quality assurance
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises the work of other staff members and experts
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of local and regional staff
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English mandatory. Additional language abilities such as French is advantageous.
- At least a Master's Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Natural Resources Management or related from a recognized university.
- At least 12 years overall relevant experience in the field and at least 3 years experience managing or directing projects in developing countries. Project management experience is mandatory.
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas such as Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of dam/irrigation/water supply/power transmission lines/roads/building complex or other large infrastructure projects, environmental and social studies, environmental management, environmental planning.
- Membership in a related professional association or registration as an environmental expert is advantageous.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English (mandatory). Experience in preparing reports, proposals, and/or publications of international standard.
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
- Able to travel to different countries in Africa
- Nationals and residents in Africa are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Note: Please send your detailed CV and application letter. Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to SMEC Holdings career website on secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SMEC HoldingsSimilar Jobs
- Security Support Officers at a Leading Bank - Rovedana Consulting
- Job Vacancies at HRLeverage Africa
- Jobs at Bleuapple Consulting
- General Manager, Administration at Ralds and Agate Limited
- Social Media/Content Stategist at AFM Recruit
- Job Vacancies at Bradfield Consulting
- Territory Sales Managers at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Training Coordinators at Workforce Group