Job Opening at the International Data Corporation (IDC)
Posted on: 12 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at International Data Corporation (IDC)
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 2016-2137
- Due to ongoing expansion in the Middle East & Africa region, we are looking for a Research Analyst for our IPDS and Mobile phones research for West Africa to be based in our Lagos office.
- The position will serve operations in Nigeria/Ghana as well as support the regional goals and business strategy in the Middle East and Africa region.
- Reporting to the Senior Research Analyst, this role supports IDC’s rapidly growing business in all areas of IT.
- Analyse market dynamics for consumer technologies such as Mobile Phones, Printers, PCs & Tablets in Nigeria/Ghana on a quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of key African geographies and supplier strategies (product strategies, technology developments, pricing and channel strategies) through primary and secondary research.
- Collect and analyse vendor shipment data for these technologies.
- Interface with key industry players.
- Produce high quality reports concerning market assessment, insights and forecasts.
- Become a key analyst interface for our Africa-wide clients
- Work closely with the other analysts in the group in MEA and CEMA regions
- Experience in similar analytical position;
- Relevant work experience in research is strongly preferred;
- Work with large data cuts and databases;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- University Degree or equivalent;
- Willingness to travel- Senegal, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, other regional countries.
Candidate has to be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding and/or interest in the ICT industry
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work with large data cuts and databases
- Excellent interviewing, writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and other MS office software packages.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Data Corporation (IDC) career website on careers-idc.icims.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Data Corporation (IDC)Similar Jobs
- Solutions Architect at Oscar Temple
- Head, Internal Operations at Oscar Temple
- Head, Finance & Accounts at Oscar Temple
- IT Business Development Manager at Oscar Temple
- Head Market Risk at Oscar Temple
- Senior Architect at AIM Group Limited
- Business Development Manager at SPC Patterns Consulting
- Risk Management & Internal Control at Fosad Consuling