Marie Stopes International (MSION), is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION's goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International's Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Reporting to: Country Director
Duration: Two (2) Years (Renewable)
Probation Period: Six (6) Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Head Procurement & Logistics will provide strategic leadership for the team responsible for Procurement and Logistics Planning & Support, Contracting, Negotiation, Liaison & Sourcing, Stakeholder Management and Performance and Inventory and Assets Management.
The specific roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide overall Strategic direction and leadership on Procurement & Logistics operations
- Lead, guide and supervise MSION’s Administrative functions teams in the day to day departmental activities across the Procurement, Inventory, Logistics and Asset Management (PILAM) units.
- Execute the PILAM Units’ Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant Institutional policies.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to MSION’s Management and related stakeholder on Procurement & Logistics Operations,
- Ensure that MSION Procurement, Logistics and Inventory plans are in place and effectively implemented.
- Support MSION’s management in establishing strong controls and best practices in the PILAM functions
- Lead the PILAM units in planning and forecasting processes towards creating procedural guidelines to aid continuity and proactive service delivery
- Ensure that the MSION Procurement & Logistics operations are in compliance with the relevant Policies and Guidelines.
- Implement Procurement & Logistics strategies to maintain security of supply chain and logistics performance.
- Ensure performance of all procurement, logistics and inventory outsourced contracts.
- Ensure that MSION has an optimal performing base of suppliers to effectively support the operations of the P&L function.
- Effectively manage the performance of the staff in the PILAM Units
- Ensure the continuous professional training for P&L to eliminated capacity gaps for the PILAM Units
- Report to Management and interface with the MSI Global P&L Team and other relevant stakeholder the performance of the PILAM Units
- Lead P&L performance audits and other Regional Operational activities on P&L Functions.
- At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with PILAM functions.
Education, Qualification and Training
- A full Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Procurement-Purchasing & Logistics) or other closely related Social Science or business management discipline
- A full professional Qualification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management with any of the reputable Global Professional bodies for Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Essential: Specific and related training in Inventory, Logistics/Fleet, Purchasing and Procurement.
- Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading)
- Demonstrate to have undertaken trainings in Procurement, Logistics and Supply-Chain Management.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of ten (10) year’s full-time professional-level experience involving the acquisition of medical supplies, equipment, commodities, or services involving a competitive bidding and negotiation process - Essential
- NGO experience with USAID, EC, World Bank and DFID compliance knowledge will be required - Essential
- Experience working on international procurement transactions;
- Experience with direct supervision of personnel.
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience in a health/medical or NGO organizations; experience in working in donor funded programmes.
Technical knowledge or skills:
- Procurement Process, Fleet and Logistics E-System, INCOTERMS, IT knowledge ERP packages (Tally),
- MS Office programs, Essential:
- People Management Skills - Essential
- Desirable: Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system.
- Performance and Results Oriented,
- Effective Communication and Negotiation Skills, Analytical,
- Customer/Client and Relationship Management,
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills;
- Proven analytical skills and financial acumen
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change;
- A flexible working attitude, proven ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to prioritise effectively
- To have excellent initiative and the aptitude to work independently as required
- Resourceful and creative team player
- Procurement Knowledge,
- Respect & Integrity,
- Emotional Resourcefulness,
- Ability to Learn, Relearn & Unlearn,
- Forward Thinking,
- Analytical Thinking,
- Conceptual Thinking,
- Results Orientation,
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale