Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end povertyin Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Governance and Gender.
About the Role
Christian Aid Nigeria is looking to recruit 2 Finance and Admin Associates on a fixed, short term basis to provide support to our rapidly expanding operations in Edo and Anambra states (1 in each state). The role provides an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to provide support to the state team in its finance, admin and operational functions to ensure the state office is run efficiently. Each post will be based in Benin (Edo state) and Awka (Anambra state). The post is for an initial 2 months with a strong possibility of extension, but not guaranteed.
The role will carry the following Key responsibilities:
- Provide support to the program team at training events ensuring that attendance sheets and payment schedules provided are accurately reviewed and submitted to Finance Officer on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions to relevant authorities and payment receipts obtained on a timely basis.
- Manage office Imprest ensuring that all financial transactions are carried out in line with Christian Aid financial management guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly journals for transactions carried out in the state office and submitted to the Finance officer for review and import to system.
- Process all requisitions and payment requests to staff and vendors/suppliers and submit to line manager for approval.
- Maintain proper filing and archiving of financial reports at the state offices in accordance with CA filing system.
- Support in the preparation of monthly financial accounts and returns.
- Ensure adequate logbooks are kept for supply of diesel and other utilities in state office
- Ensure any procurements carried out at state level is carried out in line with CA procurement policy and donor requirements
- Manage asset register at state office and ensure this is updated as required
- Monitor state office inventory requests to ensure there is no stock out of office supplies.
- You will have a BSc or HND in Accounting.
- Good numeracy skills and proficiency in the use of accounting softwares (SUN/QuickBooks) is an added advantage.
- You will need to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the development sector (experience working on GF,USAID, DFID is an added advantage), be proficient in the use of MS Office tools (particularly MS Excel), an Ability to work independently with minimal support and have a good Knowledge of office administration procedures
Salary (Full Time): ₦120,000
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35hours
Length of Contract: FTC up to 31st December 2016
Method of Application
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
Please express your interest by to this post by applying and submitting a suitability statement (1page) and CV (max 2 page) through Christian Aid’s online recruitment system on the website www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs via job reference: Finance Associate: 0933. Advert will close by 12 noon, Friday 14th October, 2016. Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should be available for interviews w/c 17th October. The successful candidate will be required to resume immediately.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on jobs.christianaid.org.uk to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.