iMMAP is an international not-for-profit 501(c)3 non-governmental organization (NGO) that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges. For more than 15 years, we have promoted measurable change in people’s lives through our core philosophy: better data leads to better decisions and, ultimately, better outcomes. Our expertise in data collection, analysis and presentation has revolutionized the decision making process for our diverse, multi-sectoral partners who seek enhanced coordination and sustainable solutions through information management. We are a robust and dynamic team of recognized experts in social science, software development, statistics, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), performance monitoring and evaluation, technical assistance and capacity development.
Program Title: Provision of Information Management support to Response Clusters in Nigeria
Country/Region:Nigeria – Duty station Maiduguri
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Vacancy closing Date: Monday 17th October, 2016
Scope of work
The Country Security Adviser (CSA) will work with the iMMAP Nigeria team to ensure the safety and security of all in-country staff.
The primary function of the CSA is to provide assistance to the Country Director on all safety and security issues, as they relate to staff and programs in Nigeria. The CSA will monitor and assess local security conditions, and make recommendations to the Country Director and the Global Security Manager as appropriate.
The CSA is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of security and contingency planning in order to ensure the safety of all staff in country.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The CSA will monitor the security situation in Nigeria, conduct risk assessments, authorize field visits, assist in tracking of staff movements, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures and provide sound and timely advice to staff and management on safety and security matters.
- The CSA will maintain contacts with local and national authorities and international state and non-state actors, compiling threat analysis, incident reports and routine security reports.
- The CSA will liaise and coordinate timely and efficiently with the Global Security Manager regarding security incidents, threats or deficiencies which potential could affect operations.
- The CSA will ensure the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as detailed by the Global Security Manager.
- The CSA will develop and update as required the Project Security Plan for the Nigeria country program and ensuring compliance with iMMAP’s global operating principles and risk management policies.
- The CSA will create a daily situation report as required, including analysis of Nigerian media.
- The CSA will conduct security induction briefs for new staff.
- The CSA shall physically assist with staff movements of international staff in Maiduguri. Additionally, the CSA shall monitor all staff movements in Nigeria in close coordination with the iMMAP HQ Security Coordinator, and ensure that staff follow travel authorization protocols.
- The CSA will design and practice emergency systems, emergency communications and provisioning of emergency supplies for all staff.
- The CSA will conduct and submit to the Country Director, Site Risk Assessments for locations regularly visited by iMMAP staff, including field locations.
- The CSA will maintain the validity of emergency & contingencies protocols based on the applicable E&C level, and conduct security training, exercise immediate action drills and regularly conduct emergency drills as prescribed in the Project Security Plan.
- The CSA will ensure that communication protocols are implemented and project warden lists are up to date.
- The CSA will liaise with other humanitarian and emergency actors as well as international and national governments on safety and security matters.
- The CSA will perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTING, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
The CSA will report directly to the Country Director with technical reporting line to the Global Security Manager.
Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP in country associates, officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public.
Follow iMMAP's branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
Experience and Qualifications
- Considerable practical experience of managing security in complex contexts and high risk environments;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working in the safety and security sector. Former military or police, or extensive experience as an NGO security officer or with a Private Security Company;
- Previous experience working in international non-governmental organization is preferred;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel;
- Minimum reasonable oral and written English skills. Fluent in one or more of the local languages (Hausa, Fulani or Kuneri);
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and analyse data and translate into effective information;
- Ability to work well in a small team, operate under pressure, prioritise and deliver high quality work within deadlines, and meet team objectives; Ability to provide a clear Criminal Record Check,
- Ability to provide honourable discharge papers, if a previous member of Armed Forces or Police Service.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to iMMAP career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale