Sales Vacancy at NetApp Inc.
Posted on: 11 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at NetApp Inc.
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
NetApp - We are a leading innovator of storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiencies. And it's a great place to work for our employees around the world.
Are you an innovator? Do you thrive as part of a committed team? Do you love to find creative solutions to old challenges? Do you want to make an impact and help your company and your career advance together? Are you passionate about helping customers go further, faster? If you answered yes to any of these questions, consider a career at NetApp.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Requisition Number: 38950BR
Posting Category: Sales
Full time / Part time: Full-time
- As a Sales Representative in NetApp's Sales function, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing NetApp customers, as well as maintaining positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs.
- Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business, responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to customers, and selling Products and Services.
- Cross-functional teams from NetApp's , Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
- You will utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include:
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Determining if customer has a valid need for NetApp products and services.
- Proposing an evaluation test project to enable the customer to test the product or products in their own environment.
- Determining acceptance criteria that a customer could use to determine the success of an evaluation test project.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being met.
- Recommend strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
Responsibility and Interaction
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects with significant interdependencies.
- May supervise other less senior members within same function.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
Education and Experience
- More than 12 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to NetApp Inc. career website on careers.netapp.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NetApp Inc.Similar Jobs
- Sales Account Manger at Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH)
- Business Advisors at Ventures Platform Foundation
- Company Driver at Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Manager at Ifotta
- Service Manager at Kingsmen And Gracewards Limited
- Mobile App (HYB) Developer at Imagine Concepts Limited
- Sales Coordinators at Innovectives Limited - 5 Positions
- Devotional Portal Manager at YellowDot Africa