GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 2701847
Business: GE Capital
Business Segment: Capital Industrial Finance
- The following role will support GE Industrial Finance, GE Capital’s new vertical segment focused on financing solutions for GE’s industrial customers.
- This business includes a Captive Finance component as well as Healthcare Equipment Finance and Working Capital Solutions.
- As a pure GE captive financing company, the goal of GE Industrial Finance is to leverage 400+ mid market relationships to sell the GE Store and create financing solutions to facilitate GE industrial orders.
The Senior Vice President of Sales will execute on comprehensive product and service strategies in coordination with the assigned GE Industrial Business’ commercial and product line teams.
- Establish an efficient and effective internal operating rhythm with counterparts in both the GE Industrial businesses and GGO, drive synchronized market penetration, develop C-suite relationships and product adoption, while maximizing total account profitability for the broader GE.
- Drive wing-to-wing sales process including customer prospecting, lead generation, making sales calls, analyzing data, preparing proposals and credit packages, negotiating price or other terms, and coordinating onboarding and ongoing relationships with customers.
- Partner with Capital Markets to build 3rd party mid -ticket equipment financing programs in geographies where GE Capital will not have “On-Book” capabilities
- Manage ongoing 3rd party banking relationships once programs in coverage area are established.
- Drill down on data in the internal and outside sales databases to identify and prioritize corporate prospects and their decision makers.
- Prepare proposals, lead meetings and actively assist in analyzing prospects needs and structuring solutions-Develop, review and present financial models to assess operating performance, valuation and appropriate capital structure of selected prospects.
- Responsible for coordinating interactive idea generation dialogue with key GE groups including key leaders within the GE Industrial Businesses,
- Capital Markets, Industry Research team and marketing.
- Prepare and present analytical materials (as necessary) to their prospects to articulate strategic or financial rationale supporting investment proposals.
- Partner with cross functional teams to facilitate the execution of deals.
- Bachelor's Degree and significant years related experience including Direct Sales, Risk, Finance, Audit and/or Sales Database Management experience (or a high school diploma/GED and extensive years of financial services experience).
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
- MBA preferred. Graduate of a GE Leadership Program.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate data, formulate accurate conclusions and develop action plans.
- Excellent verbal communication and influencing skills; previous experience developing and presenting outside GE to customers, third parties and internal GE leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with senior management of prospects and customers. Credit knowledge and full understanding of financial statements and cash flow.
- High integrity team player with proven ability to execute in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Proven sales success in commercial leasing/lending industry. In depth working knowledge of leases and loans desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate and industry financial analysis and underwriting procedures. Working knowledge of industry related risk, tax and legal principles.
- Fluent in English is a must.
go to method of application »
Job Number: 2751549
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Finance
- The West Central Africa Commercial Finance Manager will provide commercial finance and Financing support to the LCT & Africa Zone business leadership to drive increased visibility into operating performance with the goal of supporting revenue growth and increased profitability of the platform.
- One-on-One Partner with the GM and his/her staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for pricing, preparation of sales plan/monthly estimation of revenue to standard margin,
- Playing a key role in development & execution of structured finance solutions for customers. Ability to interact with financing partners & banks and develop products under the oversight of the Africa CFO and the Global Financing Organisation.
- Defining the overall strategy and vision of West Central Africa through very close cooperation with the LCT GM.
- Proactively recognize standard revenue recognition practices in close cooperation with Controllership, deal escalation, contribution margin walks.
- One-stop Finance Rep towards the GM and external partners – being amongst other things the link to the central FP&A teams.
- Close cooperation with EAGM, Africa zone and local Controllers
- Strong contributor to Africa & EAGM FP&A for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews
- Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the West Central Africa leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Effectively manage, and coordinate the commercial finance activities across the region.
- Provide financial analysis and insight in support of business decision making needs, including evaluation of major risks and opportunities
- Help define the IT platform and requirements to support analysis, improve data visibility and ensure controllership
- Lead cross-functional projects focused on improving rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability, such as Pricing, Warranty Accounting, Inventory
- Ensure Integrity is upheld throughout all processes, policies and practices, by ensuring appropriate communication, training and prioritization of related activities.
- Support the cash initiatives across the Cash / Credit / Risk Manager
- Actively manage distributor performance, specifically on cash, through frequent direct interaction.
- Help manage the GOF relationship by driving better quality input and monitoring and working collaboratively to improve GOF output.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of 15 years of financial and/or Commercial work experience;
- Experience within a commercial bank, trade finance or risk functions; or relevant Sales & Project Finance experience in a multi-national environment.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Accounting Principles and Controllership /
- Compliance in challenging countries
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Strategic thinking/Able to understand market and financial trends and be able to recommend programs and tools to promote sales and services
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience in presenting to high level management of private and government customers
- Proven Track record of working successfully in a very diverse international and cross-cultural environment, ideally some years of residence / work in one of the larger markets of the region
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications, strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Experience of BD / Due Diligence and Risk assessment
- Demonstrated GE values and growth traits
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to
- approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Flexible in traveling in- and outside West Central Africa & the wider EAGM region.
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), Experienced Financial Leadership
- Program (EFLP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs of other companies
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale