Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, branded trade name Etisalat is a multinational UAE based telecommunications services provider, currently operating in 15 countries across Asia, the Middle East and Africa. As of February 2014, Etisalat is the 12th largest mobile network operator in the world, with a total customer base of more than 150 million. Etisalat was named the most powerful company in the UAE by Forbes Middle East in 2012
- Monitor, manage and ensure the efficient utilization of funds in a manner consistent with the objectives of the company
- Assist in implementing the financial strategies of Etisalat.
- Principal Functions
- Assist in negotiating short term credit facilities with financial institutions and ensure compliance with loan covenants and efficient administration of loans.
- Monitor and track Etisalat’s funding position, interest rate and foreign exchange risk, advice and implement hedging strategies.
- Maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders (Financial Control, Finance Support, Management Reporting, and Accounts Payables) and external stakeholders (Banks, Financial advisors, Facility agent, Cash in Transit Company etc).
- Participate in the negotiation of all corporate finance transactions
- Perform variance analysis to monitor cash flow vs. forecasts and participate in budget preparation
- Conduct research and analysis on Market/Industry trends.
- Assist with the preparation of cash flow forecasts on a regular basis.
- Review key treasury reports that will enhance effective decision making with respect to cash/fund management.
- Gather, analyse and interpret financial data to guide corporate financial decisions.
- Design and build complex financial models according to best practice techniques.
- Assist with the financial modelling and financial projections to assess the viability of projects.
- Prepare investor presentations, information memoranda, financial models, and financial advisory documents for various projects.
- Perform risk and financial analysis, as well as preparation of financing terms and conditions, industry analysis, and key investment highlights.
- Facilitate regulatory audits and interact with regulators, such as the NSE, SEC to ensure compliance by reviewing and compiling documentation
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of Board papers for discussion at Operating Committees and Board Meetings.
- Complete special projects as required to ensure continuous improvementof all cash management processes and the operation of Treasury& Corporate Finance Unit
- Carry out additional duties/projects as directed by Head, Treasury and Corporate Finance.
University degree or equivalent in a numerate/financial discipline (Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Business Studies or similar fields)
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Three to Five years post NYSC relevant work experience with previous exposure to Corporate ICAN, ACCA or CFA qualification preferred (part or full qualification will be an added advantage)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to use Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Finance and/or Corporate Treasury and financial modelling.
go to method of application »
Manage all primary and secondary research activities to deliver market insights for effective decision-making
Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and monitor tactical studies related to brand health checks, market segmentation, customer satisfaction studies, mystery shopping, network quality check, retail audits and other ad-hoc studies.
- Prepare and implement an annual research plan aimed at conducting market research activities to provide accurate and timely information on consumer trends/patterns/preferences.
- Set research guidelines in compliance with tested leading practices.
- Define the research methodologies and instruments to be used for each research project.
- Review questionnaires, moderator guides and other research tools and ensure compliance with tested leading practices.
- Conduct spot checks on all field research projects (especially those conducted by third-party market research companies) to validate findings and ensure data integrity.
- Review proposals and conduct selection of third-party market research companies.
- Liaise with research agencies and ensure proper communication of survey objectives to them.
- Interpret research findings and distil key highlights from survey results. Present research findings to user departments/divisions/units as required.
- Conduct regular reviews of all data sources and suppliers to ensure quality control.
- Provide clear direction, set targets, prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities to each member of the EMTS market research team.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Market Strategy, Pricing & Insight.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Market Strategy, Pricing & Insight.
First degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline.
Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in a FMCG, research or telecoms sectors
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.