Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by:
- Providing technical support and recommendations on program implementation at all stages of the project cycle, designing, monitoring and contributing to reporting & M&E of the project and ensuring quality of services delivered, ensuring compliance with ACF policies and national guidelines.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Contribute to deliberations on strategy and the positioning of the FSL Department.
- Identify needs and contribute to project elaboration.
- Set up, implement and report on FSL projects.
- Contribute to the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of his/her program.
- Participate in the coordination, representation and partnerships of ACF in his/her area of intervention.
- Supervise and manage the team.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional:
- You have a University degree preferably in Economics, Social Sciences (Sociology), or a related field.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in humanitarian context and project management.
- You have experience in food aid distribution and Cash based interventions in emergency context.
You are very efficient in leading processes:
- You have experience in community based approach activities in an intercultural context.
- You have good organization skills and are able to represent the organization at different levels.
- You easily integrate with remote areas living conditions.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 11-Nov-2016
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Playing a key role in proper implementation and completion of Project(s) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
- Management of the entire project(s) cycle.
- Ensure that all project(s) staff are provided with a full induction and are briefed on all relevant components of the project(s).
- Develop a data collection and entry plan complete with tools and timeline that is integrated into the PSDs and PIPs (if not already included) in line with the Mission M&E structure and strategy.
- Develop systematic mechanism for lesson learned about the programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities, with periodic field visits to other project(s)s to strengthen across mission information and best practice sharing; and encourage the development of innovative approach.
- Support Field Coordinator in liaising regularly with authorities and community representatives in relations to AAH programming and positioning.
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional with a strong bias in cash base programming
- Master's Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health/Nutrition, Development or other related field
- You have 2 years’ work experience in similar setting and responsibility working with cash, market based, food assistance, agriculture, livestock or other livelihood.
- Proven multi sector project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 2 years in an INGO;
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
- Familiarity with ECHO, EU, OFDA and/or DfiD reporting and regulations;
- Experience in managing medium to large-sized teams
- Proficient in MS Office Applications;
- Problem management capacity;
- Planning and analysis capacity;
- Ability to work under pressure.
You’re a super communicator:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You contribute to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust within your team:
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You have good experience in multisector emergency responses and sector coordination as well as experience and flexibility with complex/large organizational structures;
- You are knowledgeable on the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda
- You demonstrated experience in proposal writing and donor reporting; creative and innovative with attention to detail.
- you are good diplomatic and negotiation skills and disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.